Author Topic: The Audax Year  (Read 5813 times)

Re: The Audax Year
« Reply #25 on: 11 November, 2020, 08:28:51 am »
Thanks; I can't actually view that calendar event from the old or new website but I''ve added the rider's ECE and both rides now appear on that date against his 2020 total :thumbsup:

Provisional Event results are here:
https://www.aukweb.net/results/archive/2020/listevent/?Ride=20-862

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #26 on: 11 November, 2020, 08:49:49 am »
To answer the original question - obviously if an event is postponed to the following season, it counts in every way towards the new season, not the old.  Including any ECEs.

Now please describe what seems to be the problem with the date, so I can try and get it fixed.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #27 on: 11 November, 2020, 09:14:18 am »
It's a simple question of when the rides were ridden (with any ECE taking the date of the host ride, even if the ECE was started before midnight). 
The event shown above is dated 31st October 2020 in the Calendar data.  Is that not when it was run?  If not, was it an AUK event at all?

The ghost members are explainable as in a couple of posts previous.  The auto-nightly results-fettling routine always runs on 'this' season, and doesn't fettle 'last' season.  It will get run manually for last season at some point.

[edit to add - I've run the routine manually and the missing names are now all there.

« Reply #28 on: 11 November, 2020, 09:29:50 am »
It's a simple question of when the rides were ridden (with any ECE taking the date of the host ride, even if the ECE was started before midnight). 
The event shown above is dated 31st October 2020 in the Calendar data.  Is that not when it was run?  If not, was it an AUK event at all?

The ghost members are explainable as in a couple of posts previous.  The auto-nightly results-fettling routine always runs on 'this' season, and doesn't fettle 'last' season.  It will get run manually for last season at some point.

Event was weather postponed from 31 Oct to 7 Nov. Run in Scotland so AUK event. I have had confirmation that these events go should into the record for the original date rather than rescheduled one.

e.g. Febs Tour of East Lothian was rescheduled from 16 Feb to 8 March. But results show as original date: https://www.aukweb.net/results/archive/2020/listevent/?Ride=20-58

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #29 on: 11 November, 2020, 09:42:05 am »
That is simply a  lazy  falsification of the records.

« Reply #30 on: 11 November, 2020, 10:29:14 am »
That is simply a  lazy  falsification of the records.

In the end this will be the decision of the AUK Validation Sec and Recorder rather than comments on YACF. They are aware of the weather postponement.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #31 on: 11 November, 2020, 11:36:02 am »
If they are aware of the change of date but haven't adjusted the data to reflect this, that is wilful falsification of the records!   >:(