Author Topic: Montezuma didn't come back from the vets last night  (Read 4356 times)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: Montezuma didn't come back from the vets last night
« Reply #25 on: 21 October, 2009, 09:08:37 pm »
Quick get another of the little stinkers ASAP, lest you get used to life without one. Better still get a pair.

We will, I'm sure.  Eventually.  But not yet.

Thanks everyone for all your kind words.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

border-rider

« Reply #26 on: 21 October, 2009, 09:36:53 pm »
We said that when our old and much-loved Rosie died, but within a week we were down at Cats' Protection and within 2 we had two slightly confused soft toys hiding under the bed.

It helps...

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #27 on: 21 October, 2009, 09:51:32 pm »
Sorry to read that Charlotte and Julian.  I liked the old fellow, be happy and proud that you gave him a warm and loving home for the later part of his life.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: 21 October, 2009, 09:58:41 pm »
We said that when our old and much-loved Rosie died, but within a week we were down at Cats' Protection and within 2 we had two slightly confused soft toys hiding under the bed.

It helps...
My mate lasted just one night before she was chapping at the local CPL door....
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #29 on: 21 October, 2009, 11:53:24 pm »
I have been there when I had to put my dog down, not nice.

But if you want a cat again get one fast just as others have said.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #30 on: 22 October, 2009, 12:13:11 am »

The only reason I haven't posted is that your OP asked for no condolence etc threads.  I followed that, even though I had my own quiet thoughts.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #31 on: 22 October, 2009, 12:23:56 am »
Sorry to hear it :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #32 on: 22 October, 2009, 02:18:58 am »
C&J, you need a succession plan. (Sadly).
The young ones keep the old ones going and having fun. That's what we've been telling Alfie, in preparation for teh kitteh's arrival.  :-*
It is simpler than it looks.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: 22 October, 2009, 08:06:13 am »

The only reason I haven't posted is that your OP asked for no condolence etc threads.  I followed that, even though I had my own quiet thoughts.

What I didn't think about was that as soon as someone posts about loosing a pet, it brings up memories for everyone else.  I suppose what I meant was to avoid someone mentioning Monty and not knowing that we'd had him put to sleep.  Neither Julian or I need support - but it's really lovely knowing that people care.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #34 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:03:23 pm »
Our Customers usually acquire another one very soon after loosing a pet.

Last night we had long established Customer arrive with a newish cat. Their previous one eventually succumbed to kidney failure. Talk about a character, it was lovely. :thumbsup:
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #35 on: 22 October, 2009, 04:18:38 pm »

It helps...

After Hattie died I vowed not to get another ,I didnt want to get that emotionaly involved again as it was so hard ,TCALSS we got two kittens about 9 months later and it was absolutely the right decision

« Reply #36 on: 22 October, 2009, 06:42:50 pm »

It helps...

After Hattie died I vowed not to get another ,I didnt want to get that emotionaly involved again as it was so hard ,TCALSS we got two kittens about 9 months later and it was absolutely the right decision

Tim has always held that an immediate rebound pet is a Bad Idea, and tried to make sure that each pet is a considered acquisition and not a spur-of-the-moment because-I'm-miserable thing.

That said, we've never managed to adhere to this rule - no sooner does one pet cark it than one or more get brought to our door by someone with a pleading expression. Of the five pets we've currently got, the only one who was a considered acquisition is Kitty, who was got to give Wellesley a more active playmate. The rest just kind of showed up.  :-[
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #37 on: 22 October, 2009, 08:17:09 pm »

The rest just kind of showed up.  :-[

Often the best way
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]