Author Topic: Kettle to fit both Trangia 27 and 25?  (Read 2737 times)

Kettle to fit both Trangia 27 and 25?
« on: 22 May, 2018, 01:21:23 pm »
I wonder if kettle exists that fits both Trangia 27 and 25 models?

Is it possible?

It would be nice if it had a nice wide lid like the GSI ketallist kettle.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Kettle to fit both Trangia 27 and 25?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2018, 02:08:06 pm »
I have a Trangia kettle that doesn't fit my 27.  I assume the previous owner bought the one for the 25 by mistake.  It doesn't fit inside like it's supposed to, but isn't quite large enough to fit in the frying pan position either.  We use it on the suitcase stove for car-camping, as it's a good size for a couple of cups worth.

It wouldn't need to be much larger diameter to be stable in the frying pan position though, so maybe it's possible?

Not sure that that's actually desirable though, as surely efficiency suffers.  Maybe if you're carrying both sizes of Trangia in a group or something...

Re: Kettle to fit both Trangia 27 and 25?
« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2018, 03:09:11 pm »
I have a Trangia kettle that doesn't fit my 27.  I assume the previous owner bought the one for the 25 by mistake....
Ahh, I was thinking of compatibility in the other direction ie a small capacity kettle whose base is just narrow enough to rest in a 27 pan mode whilst just wide enough to not fall thru on a 25 in its  pan mode.   Currently I have bent some wire a bit like the  Trangia coffee perc stand (but lighter) but its an extra step in setup.

NB I was thinking of people who have both a 25 and 27 but only want a small (thus lighter) kettle (boiling more than 0.5litre at a time on Trangia is surely a bit slow...)