Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: EV 2
« Last post by robgul on Today at 02:49:30 pm »
If you are in Stansted, I'm not sure why you are looking to travel so far south to pick up the EV2 route.

I would do something like the following. There's plenty of quiet lanes to use as far as Manningtree. The road along to Harwich from there is not brilliant, but it's not too bad either.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/46241815

Or are you in the Stanstead near Sudbury?

Assuming it is Stanstead Mountfitchet (the Stanstead near the airport) I would endorse the suggested ridewithgps route as being pleasant and safe.  (I used to live at Ugley* and know the whole area pretty well)

* My daughters weren't the Ugley Sisters, although the lady we bought the house from was a member of the Ugley Women's Institute.   

(AND it is as in UGLY and not YEWGLY as some people suggest it's pronounced)
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 02:47:42 pm »
They're running out of valves !   https://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/oct/09/bbc-radio4-long-wave-goodbye

I must lay in some stocks for my hifi.  Most currently produced valves are made in Russia or China. 
The Knowledge / Re: Best place to sell a track bike?
« Last post by Flite on Today at 02:41:41 pm »
Does your local cycling club have a facebook page that would allow an advert?
Or can you pin on a noticeboard at the track?
Arts and Entertainment / Re: TV series that would bear repeating
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 02:38:48 pm »
Monkey.  Not Monkey Tennis, that's different.
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 02:36:23 pm »
Ah. It's because of Long Wave getting old.

From April 2024 The Daily Service will be available at the same time on weekdays on BBC Radio 4 Extra.

4 Extra is a digital station available on DAB Radios, on the BBC Sounds app and online.  It will no longer be available on Long Wave. Radio 4 are ending separate scheduling on Radio 4 LW as the technology is coming to the end of its life.

Linky with more details https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2023/bbc-radio-4-long-wave-transition

Down with this sort of thing.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Polar Bear on Today at 02:35:10 pm »
Charlie Mullins yet again.

I think that he goes off on one simply because he hasn't been in the news for a few days.
« Last post by Flite on Today at 02:33:06 pm »
Sadly FM reception is pathetic here, and we will never get DAB, so internet radio is the only choice.

Tried 4extra a couple of times, always seemed to be shouty unfunny comedy rubbish.
Radio 4 comedy shows are just a leap to the off button.
And R4 have moved the food programme.
Thank goodness for "Sounds"
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mobbsy on Today at 02:29:04 pm »
If Voting Changed Anything They'd Make it Illegal - 25th of May
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by spesh on Today at 02:19:24 pm »
Delete it, and then reboot on an annual or six-monthly basis.
Velo Fixe / Re: Setting off and toeclips
« Last post by damerell on Today at 02:14:10 pm »
There are toeclips and there are toeclips.  I assume these are the kind you ride in flat-soled shoes, where you can usually rip your foot out if you need to?

Loose, yes, just enough toeclip to keep my foot on the pedal without me having to think about it. FWIW, after a year riding mostly fixed I seem to have got pretty good at this. Signalling while turning right is still a bit fiddly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10