Author Topic: ACCA Training?  (Read 983 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
ACCA Training?
« on: 10 February, 2012, 11:02:00 am »
Mrs T has expressed a desire to get her ACCA qualification, but I have no idea where would be best for her to study/take the exams.

Any one here have experience of this and can recommend somewhere?

The reason I am asking is that it would be paid for out of my company's account (as she is company sec)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
Re: ACCA Training?
« Reply #1 on: 11 February, 2012, 06:22:04 pm »
I did ACCA part 1 about 20 years ago.
That was a full time course at Poly.  I could have stayed on and done parts 2 and 3 (I think, or it may have been 2a and 2b), also full time.  My class mates who did stay on found it harder than part 1.
That's the sum of my knowledge.
I'd think you'd want to look for day or block release options.
I'd also think that ACCA would be able to advise on what is OK and what isn't.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #2 on: 11 February, 2012, 08:45:17 pm »
I think the answer to this question is whatever is most convenient for you. I think there is much overblown UK BS regarding appropriate colleges unis etc. If I had a qualified ACCA applicant for a post I  would not be at all interested where he/she did it, merely the fact that they have qualified ( and had the nouse and perseverance so to do). As regards quality of teaching google is your friend.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: 11 February, 2012, 08:54:28 pm »
I'm CIMA qualified rather than ACCA but have experienced the local college day release route and also the private sector provider route. My first couple of levels were done day release at Darlington College but then I changed jobs and did my final set of exams at BPP in Newcastle. The quality of teaching at BPP was so much better than at Darlington College. However the price tag was quite a bit higher too. The main difference was that at BPP they taught you how to pass the exams rather than just the stuff from the sylabus. Kaplan FT are the other main private providers. Both BPP and Kalpan have offices in Newcastle and Leeds. FWIW the BPP office in Newcastle is directly opposite the train station. If the cost is OK for you I'd go to either BPP or Kalpan.

http://www.bpp.com/
http://financial.kaplan.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

Hope this helps.