Author Topic: FNRttS or Oxford to London (Acton) overnight (or the Lun Run) Friday 3rd of July  (Read 7043 times)

Dears

My plan for the Dun Run has been blown again and so I'm throwing caution to the wind and organising an all-comers   at their own risk night ride from Oxford station to Cafe Paulo in Acton for a smashing brekkie.

Many here know the score.  Rock-up at Oxford station on Friday evening for an immediate depart at Midnight.
This will be the easier route so newbies can attend.  That means:

Oxford, Cowley (for wildlife), Horsepath, Wheatley (more wildlife), Thame even more wildlife), Chinnor hill (for hot badger action), Bledlow ridge, High Wycombe, Loudwater, Beaconsfield Services for grub.
Then Potkin lane, Welders lane, Chalfont St Peter, Harefield, Northolt, Sexual Ealing and Acton. 

Will plot the route and post later.

Approx 60 genteelish miles.
I'm running this as a 'Newbie to Night Riding' with our Abingdon Freewheeling and others as it should be warm and only around 4+ hours of lighting are fully required.  I'll invite the LBC crowd too.  I'll probably Brommie it too.

Last minute I know .... but such is life!

Let me know if you're coming as I need to make sure Paoulo has enough bangers!

FF

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
This would be a very tempting (and logistically simpler) excuse not to attempt the Dun Run with my marginal fitness...

This would be a very tempting (and logistically simpler) excuse not to attempt the Dun Run with my marginal fitness...
Happy to provide the excuse, Kim  :thumbsup:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
In better days I'd consider this a lovely prelude to the DunRun.  These are not better days.

If I'm not out too late Friday night I'll try to ride out and meet you for breakfast.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
I think I'm free... if I am, count me in.

I think I'm free... if I am, count me in.
Woo hoo!

Thought I'd give this a bump to see if there are any other takers from here.
We have others from Freewheeling and CC, so we're certainly going!

This is looking  good, a nice size grupetto.

From CC: Topcat, Slomotion

From yacf: Kim and Matt C (75%)

From Freewheeling: Adam D (+2?), Andy K, John B, Jonathon B, Chris ‘B’ H

Will get the route up later today with more info.

Kim, you still up for this?

Room for one more potter-er? Having revised my dun run plans to not dun running, this is now do-able. Hopefully I won't lower the Ave speed too much  ;D

Spare socks packed....
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Room for one more potter-er? Having revised my dun run plans to not dun running, this is now do-able. Hopefully I won't lower the Ave speed too much  ;D

Spare socks packed....
Space and spare socks booked!   ;D

not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

You have PM

Just need to sort the logistics of it all now.

Will probably drive to Acton and find somewhere to park the car and then get the train some of the way to Oxford.

Looks like it will be a very warm night for it.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Kim, you still up for this?

Yep.  And I've taken delivery of orange cardboard.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος

If I'm not out too late Friday night I'll try to ride out and meet you for breakfast.

If I'm lucky I should get home in time to hop on my bike and head back across town for breakfast (assuming my vertical hold is functioning).  Is your ETA 06:30?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

If I'm lucky I should get home in time to hop on my bike and head back across town for breakfast (assuming my vertical hold is functioning).  Is your ETA 06:30?
Around then to 7 I should  think.  As it'll be fairly light, we should make good progress, see you there!

Looks like we're a possible 12 souls ... most excellent!

If I can wiggle out from under the duvet, I may join you in Paulo's for brekky.
Gotta have brekky somewhere onna saturday.... :)

ETA - K Have you called Paul to let him know he should expect ~12?
I know he'll appreciate the early warning.
020 8740 0591

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
And me! I should be about for this, and could do with stretching my legs.

My current plan is to get to Oxford mid-evening and fill in that annoying gap in my Strava heatmap before we leave  ;)

If I can wiggle out from under the duvet, I may join you in Paulo's for brekky.
Gotta have brekky somewhere onna saturday.... :)

ETA - K Have you called Paul to let him know he should expect ~12?
I know he'll appreciate the early warning.
020 8740 0591

Good man Jurek!

Yes, I was going to call Paulo, appreciate the reminder!

And me! I should be about for this, and could do with stretching my legs.

My current plan is to get to Oxford mid-evening and fill in that annoying gap in my Strava heatmap before we leave  ;)

Ooops, left you off the roll-call ... apologies for that!
Well at least Oxford Station is never boring on a Friday evening :-)

From CC: Topcat, Slomotion

From yacf: dibdib, Moltonaught, Jethro, Kim and Matt C (75%)

From Freewheeling: Adam D (+2?), Andy K, John B, Jonathon B, Chris ‘B’ H

Plus Jurek and Andrij rolling over for an early Brekkie

We’re rockin’ and rollin’ …..

clarion

• Tyke
Tentative for breakfast meet. :)
Getting there...

I have half a plan to join you for this.  I would appreciate a copy of the route so that I have something to beep at me.

I have half a plan to join you for this.  I would appreciate a copy of the route so that I have something to beep at me.

Good stuff!
I hope to plot the route after lunch tomorrow and will post it.  We will ride as a group anyhow so nobody should get lost, but it's nice to know where you're heading. :-)