Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146303 times)

robbo6

Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #50 on: 28 March, 2011, 07:59:21 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I went to bed with a stabbing pain in my foot, during the night I detached the affected foot-it was a twist off bayonet type fitting-and with a penknife removed the corn that was causing the trouble. When I awoke I looked round the bed and was glad to see that there was no blood on the sheets, as I have been known to act out my dreams*, finally the really weird part is that I woke up properly, having just dreamt about waking up.

*On a previous occasion I dreamt that I was climbing a tree but I fell out when a branch broke, I woke up with blood pouring from my head because I had pulled on the headboard and broken it onto my head, 7 stitches.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #51 on: 28 March, 2011, 08:36:48 pm »
Cudzo... You need some help...  ;)
I will do if Julian comes home with a bleeding finger following some stapler-related accident...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #52 on: 28 March, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »
Some years ago Mrs. Wow didn't find my dream at all funny. I dreamt that I was wrestling with someone and was awoken by a scream. I had recalled during the wrestling that I was gripping very tightly to something with my right hand. Something soft. The scream of pain was Mrs. Wow's.  :-[
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #53 on: 08 May, 2011, 10:58:12 am »
Last night I got a part time job with the fire brigade. My uniform was blue t-shirt, cream corduroy trousers (practical!), cream sweatshirt, and I had to argue with them to get a protective coat and trousers with reflectives. They were a bit unhelpful and unwelcoming. Then, even more bizarrely, nonn and I were living together and he announced he wanted two children.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #54 on: 26 July, 2011, 06:17:43 pm »
I've just dreamt that yacf were going to play Manchester United in a pre season friendly. It was a very short dream and I woke up while in the bookies about to put money on Charlotte to score first. Didn't see the odds but knowing the way I bet, they'll have been fairly high. Sorry.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #55 on: 05 August, 2011, 08:19:01 am »
Bobb and I got married last night.  :o It was a nice wedding though.  :D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #56 on: 05 August, 2011, 09:40:34 am »
I've been having some really bizarre dreams lately, don't know if it's because of stress or what, but I wake up so often during the night (and they're not even nightmares, just really puzzling things). I don't normally dream and don't remember, but it seems I've been dreaming about all people from work in all kinds of weird scenarios (nothing sexual, yet nothing anywhere close to being possible). Last night I dreamt the coffee machine in the office exploded and the coffee on the walls attracted all kinds of flies and bees and wasps, so nobody could go into the kitchen safely, and my boss decided to take macro pictures of the bugs for his private collection, while another colleague was collecting the actual bugs and putting them in little boxes of amber?!?!?!?!?!   ???
"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."
Elvis Presley

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #57 on: 05 August, 2011, 10:57:20 am »
A few nights ago, I passed cars containing Messrs Hammond & May, of the Top Gear clowning troupe.  Hammond was confused, as he thought he was riding a bicycle, but was really in a B*W estate, poor lad.

Strange dream.
Getting there...

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #58 on: 05 August, 2011, 11:09:02 am »
I was looking after someone's three pet dormice.  I lost one. :'(  Oh dear, the guilt!  Round and round I was searching for it and worrying about what to say.  It seemed to go on for hours.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #59 on: 06 August, 2011, 08:17:14 pm »
They eat more Camembert down south than Chedder hence dreams are less colourful. (mmm goat heads.... must be Feta)
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #60 on: 08 August, 2011, 09:07:30 am »
Someone was trying to get me and I fell out of bed.  The last bit wasn't a dream.  Hit my head on a chair as well.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #61 on: 08 August, 2011, 09:43:27 am »
On Friday night, while camping in Tiermat's garden, I dreamed quite clearly about Charlotte's performing cows.  They were very talented.  One could even stand on its head.  It tried to do it with no hooves, but the horns made it difficult to balance.
Getting there...

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #62 on: 08 August, 2011, 11:56:02 am »
I was cycling to bampton in a flood, the water was way over the bottom bracket.  Then I had to stop and talk to Colonel Gadaffi

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #63 on: 08 August, 2011, 04:06:13 pm »
On Friday night, while camping in Tiermat's garden, I dreamed quite clearly about Charlotte's performing cows.  They were very talented.  One could even stand on its head.  It tried to do it with no hooves, but the horns made it difficult to balance.
I want to know what grows in Tiermat's garden...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #64 on: 09 August, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »
A very strange dream last night where I was very stressed at having woken up (in the dream) and found that the tropical fish in my fish tank had (a) managed to get themselves stuck inside the internal filter and (b) transmogrified into 4 inch high Tyrannosaurus Rexs  and  I was panicking about them in case they drowned while stuck in the filter.

I was so relieved in the dream that I managed to rescue the mini Rexs, and then I woke up.   ???

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #65 on: 10 August, 2011, 05:43:12 pm »
I had a dream last night that seemed to be mostly about filling in forms.

Traumatic enough that I had to use a pen (a skill that I never developed to any degree of satisfaction and has thoroughly atrophied from lack of use) to answer complicated open-ended questions in boxes that were far too small for any reasonable answer.  That one of the questions was about how I'd go about de-Nortoning an OSX machine without an admin password was just unfair.

« Reply #66 on: 10 August, 2011, 05:46:54 pm »
but Kim, surely the short and simple answer would be why would OSX need Norton in the first place?

Frere

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #67 on: 10 August, 2011, 05:50:59 pm »
The same reason anything needs Norton - to make money for Symantec and/or convince the luser that they need a faster computer.

I believe that came up in a previous question.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #68 on: 27 October, 2011, 07:04:29 pm »
Last night I dreamed about riding a unicycle.  It wasn't as difficult as it looked, and before anyone asks I remained fully trousered for the duration.

No, this doesn't mean I'm about to go out and commit n+0.5

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #69 on: 27 October, 2011, 07:24:34 pm »
Ah, I have been waiting for an appropriate place to post this. A couple of weeks ago I awoke with a start at around 0300, thinking: Hendon! Just that.

As far as I know I have no connection with Hendon. Whatever could it mean?

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #70 on: 27 October, 2011, 07:58:08 pm »
I don't often remember my dreams and certainly not in narrative detail - but did wake up recently having just watched a hedgehog disappear into a hole in the ground, where it exploded.  ???

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #71 on: 27 October, 2011, 08:12:11 pm »
Landmines.

« Reply #72 on: 27 October, 2011, 08:18:18 pm »
I've had some really clear dreams recently and keep waking up going "good grief, that was weird", but they always disappear shortly after I wake up!

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #73 on: 27 October, 2011, 08:20:44 pm »
As much sleep-walking as dreaming - a few months ago when the early mornings were light:

Woke up at ~5am, strange music was playing, I went to look out the window for hot air baloons playing this music.  (I had recalled someone posting on YACF about this happening elsewhere).  Couldn't see any flying objects, so assumed they were right above my house.  The music was getting louder, soon so loud that I was angry that this was most anti-social!

After a couple of minutes I realised the sound was infact coming from my hi-fi speakers.  I had gone to sleep after leaving 6 Music on.  ::-)

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #74 on: 27 October, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »
I don't often remember my dreams and certainly not in narrative detail - but did wake up recently having just watched a hedgehog disappear into a hole in the ground, where it exploded.  ???
Landmines.

I hope not.  The location bore a dream-like resemblance to my parents' garden  :-\