Author Topic: I'm glad I didn't pass anth on my way home tonight  (Read 4131 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
I'm glad I didn't pass anth on my way home tonight
« on: 14 April, 2008, 06:59:27 pm »
As I managed to swallow a fly. When I swallow/inhale a fly it makes me retch for hours, and then a bit more, and then a bit more, and I managed to retch so hard that I puked, all down my sleeve. It was quite embarrassing.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

alan

Re: I'm glad I didn't pass anth on my way home tonight
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2008, 07:28:03 pm »
It could have been worse......it could have been my sleeve ;)

ian

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »
Reminds me of the time I was heading home from work. It was dusk and there was a very significant and fast hill. This was in the US, a place where bugs are very, very fond of gathering to party on down during the crepuscular hours. So down the hill I swooped. For reasons best known to the poorly charted areas of my brain, about half way down the hill I yawned. The thing about yawning is that once you start you can't just change your mind and stop. You are committed, even if this does mean you do an impression of a rocket-powered baleen whale. An experience categorized under 'unpleasant'.

« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2008, 09:05:45 pm »
Cuts both ways; going down a steep hill on a (motor)bike, a bat got tangled under my chin. After some excited one-handed-downhill-braking-and-the-other-waving, I managed to brush it off and went on my way.

When I got home I discovered it had vomited an interesting mix of half-digested bugs down my front.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4 on: 14 April, 2008, 09:41:51 pm »
A work colleague's father, who is old enough to know better, went out on a bender in Cardiff, caught a taxi home and, just as it was pulling away, felt the need to park a tiger so wound down the window. Due to the moving taxi, he successfully spattered pretty much every pair of shoes in the queue for the taxi rank  :sick:

It got worse though; his wife found him asleep in the shower the next morning, having ripped down the shower curtain to use as a blanket.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #5 on: 15 April, 2008, 11:10:37 am »
Damn! I would have had my camera too!  :evil:

« Reply #6 on: 15 April, 2008, 12:24:41 pm »
Cuts both ways; going down a steep hill on a (motor)bike, a bat got tangled under my chin. After some excited one-handed-downhill-braking-and-the-other-waving, I managed to brush it off and went on my way.

When I got home I discovered it had vomited an interesting mix of half-digested bugs down my front.

My father was doing ~85 in the outside lane of a motorway on a motorbike when a pigeon misjudged his approach speed. He discribes the thump as incredible and having to wash a mess of blood, guts and feathers off his helmet as unpleasent.

Matthew

Nick H.

« Reply #7 on: 15 April, 2008, 02:04:32 pm »
When I was asleep in my tent on a beach in Portugal a little fox with very long ears playfully tried to eat all the cooking utensils, clothes etc which I had strewn all over the place. Unable to find anything edible he snaffled a very large quantity of berries growing in some nearby bushes. And threw up in my shoes.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 15 April, 2008, 02:26:52 pm »
When I was asleep in my tent on a beach in Portugal a little fox with very long ears playfully tried to eat all the cooking utensils, clothes etc which I had strewn all over the place. Unable to find anything edible he snaffled a very large quantity of berries growing in some nearby bushes. And threw up in my shoes.
Maybe he was a Chuck Berry fan?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #9 on: 15 April, 2008, 02:42:14 pm »

My father was doing ~85 in the outside lane of a motorway on a motorbike when a pigeon misjudged his approach speed. He discribes the thump as incredible and having to wash a mess of blood, guts and feathers off his helmet as unpleasent.

These pigeons and their careless attitude to personal safety
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #10 on: 15 April, 2008, 02:42:22 pm »
Maybe he was a Chuck Berry fan?

Yakety Yak!
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."