Author Topic: [LEL17] A6 LEL Routesheet  (Read 2733 times)

[LEL17] A6 LEL Routesheet
« on: 28 July, 2017, 12:55:33 pm »
Dear All. My partner has produced the LEL routesheet A6 size to fit on the handlebars of a bike should anyone want a copy.

It's a series of word documents she would sent out to you if you contact her on sarah.marrs@btinternet.com

Good luck to everyone taking part.

Mark

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Re: A6 LEL Routesheet
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2017, 02:17:59 pm »
Already got another a6 routesheet off of a source from facebook.  Of course facebook being what it is the message with the link to the a6 thingy has now vanished

« Reply #2 on: 28 July, 2017, 02:38:39 pm »
Fairly comprehensive set of A6 route sheets here:

http://www.camaudax.uk/rides/lel2017/

along with loads of other stuff.

Nick, aka Wilkyboy, is a very reliable bloke when it comes to this type of 'stuff'.

And if you find a mistake then berate him as he is riding!

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #3 on: 28 July, 2017, 09:39:15 pm »

:P ;)
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2017, 10:11:15 pm »

:P ;)
In your alternative N8 route you've missed out a lot of pot hole warnings.
On the descent towards R turn @60.9 there are some shockers on and just after a fast left bend. Also a couple of miles before Moffat there are a couple of craters which give an 18" wide smooth passage through it. I wouldn't want to miss that smooth bit in the dark.

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #5 on: 29 July, 2017, 07:46:35 am »
On the descent towards R turn @60.9 there are some shockers on and just after a fast left bend. Also a couple of miles before Moffat there are a couple of craters which give an 18" wide smooth passage through it. I wouldn't want to miss that smooth bit in the dark.

I've not ridden it myself, so the warnings mirror what's in the original official routesheet that was deprecated many months ago.  There are general warnings on the page you download it from, including Danial's own warning, and specific warnings where they were included in the official routesheet.  Short of standing by the side of the road with a whistle and waving a yellow triangle, there's not much more I can do.

I already know that the extra climbing won't be on my agenda, and I'll probably be in the dark by then anyway, so will just push through to Moffat on the official route.  I'm sure most riders will be feeling the same by then.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #6 on: 29 July, 2017, 09:23:17 pm »

There's a school of thought that says you shouldn't give warnings of pot holes.  You are bound to miss mentioning some, so the riders needs to be watching for them anyway, even in the dark, as if they were on a private excursion.

« Reply #7 on: 29 July, 2017, 11:07:05 pm »
Equally, the fact you've highlighted some particularly egregious examples doesn't - shouldn't - imply that the rest of the route is billiard table smooth.

« Reply #8 on: 02 August, 2017, 08:58:22 pm »
I did 23 hrs on the check in desk at Moffat and was quite surprised at the number who came the scenic potholed route. Most were swearing vehemently but a few were extremely delighted with the scenery and so happy they'd used it.