Author Topic: trigger finger  (Read 1036 times)

trigger finger
« on: 26 May, 2014, 08:59:46 pm »
Over the last month my third finger on the right hand has had this weird thing in the morning where it flicks between open and closed which appears to be called trigger finger and to be fairly common. Alongside that joints are generally a bit painful and so on. Is there any reason not to ignore it until it hurts too much? Anyone else have the same problem?

Re: trigger finger
« Reply #1 on: 26 May, 2014, 09:13:32 pm »
I had the same for a while after I was knocked off a few years ago. It went away eventually and was never much more than irritating.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #2 on: 26 May, 2014, 09:23:02 pm »
I had that for a couple of years on my little finger, left hand. Apparently it was caused by a nodule forming on the tendon which then got caught on the tendon sheath causing the trigger reaction. It cleared up of it's own accord a while ago.

Didn't hurt at all.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #3 on: 26 May, 2014, 10:12:27 pm »
I had one, cured by a steroid injection into the node.

« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2014, 10:56:11 pm »
Sounds like ignore until I have to take notice is the correct approach, thanks all.

« Reply #5 on: 29 May, 2014, 01:40:04 pm »
Similar here , I've always blamed it on the time I slipped climbing a barbed wire fence & a barb went through the joint.

It just locks into the closed/folded position & takes a little extra effort to straighten.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #6 on: 29 May, 2014, 02:45:50 pm »
Been thinking about it and reckon it dates to when I broke my hand (metacarpal) in an off. Bleh.