Author Topic: Can you clean a cat?  (Read 2739 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Can you clean a cat?
« Reply #25 on: 30 September, 2011, 11:23:30 am »
I have bathed a cat, once.  It had a shattered pelvis at the time, having been hit by a car (I didn't know this) and was most unhappy.  I was just trying to get the catshit off it (cats tend to let go in terror).

The cat is fine now, by the way.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Tim

« Reply #26 on: 30 September, 2011, 11:43:51 am »
The cat may be fine, but have your scars healed yet?

« Reply #27 on: 30 September, 2011, 12:06:06 pm »
ROFL @ Andrij's post.  ;D

The alternative way to bathe a cat kills two birds with one stone (previously posted on another forum):

Subject: Instructions on how to clean your toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".
6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.
9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,

The Dog   

DISCLAIMER: Naturally, I don't advocate that anybody dare try this - the RSPCA won't like it, the cat definitely won't like it, and just how badly do you want to spend several hours in A&E, waiting to sewn back together again, anyway?  ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche