Author Topic: FNRttC - 25th June - Bognor  (Read 3519 times)

StuAff

• Folding not boring
Re: FNRttC - 25th June - Bognor
« Reply #25 on: 26 June, 2010, 07:30:21 pm »
That was a good ride.

I will now have a proper set of cyclist tan lines on my right side having got sun burnt riding home.  :-[
Got burnt myself on the back of the legs- either on my ride home or when I was out this afternoon. And it was indeed a good'un.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #26 on: 26 June, 2010, 08:10:18 pm »
What a lovely ride. warm night and a tailwind out of London.

Cecilia enjoyed herself quite a lot. She was very tired when she finished though. She says she will be back for more. Thanks to everyone who took the time to talk to her and give her encouragement :thumbsup:

As she only usually rides in London (and being a masher like her dad)  rarely uses the small ring. Through tiredness she messed up a couple of changes and unshipped the chain. Her injury was the result or catching her heel on the big ring - she was riding in trainers with flat pedals.

Where can I find those ready to use espressos? I've not even seen them in Italy. There I  use Pocket Coffee -  a sort of liqueur chocolate but with the liqueur replaced with a strong expresso. These, and Nutella, are made made by the same, very useful, company
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

« Reply #27 on: 26 June, 2010, 08:31:14 pm »
Her injury was the result or catching her heel on the big ring - she was riding in trainers with flat pedals.

Both ankles? The left was worse than the right.

She did very well. though it did appear that towards the end she would have appreciated a granny ring.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #28 on: 26 June, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »
I'm going on what she told me. Being now an independent Young WomanTM who makes her own mind up about stuff I don't always get told the complete story - for which I should probably be grateful.  ;D

Mrs Julesh convinced her not to wear plimsolls.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #29 on: 27 June, 2010, 07:49:53 pm »
Forgot to add: lovely pics Charlotte!

« Reply #30 on: 28 June, 2010, 07:28:10 am »
Some photos here: Clicky

Many thanks to Simon and riders for making this another fantastic night!

Feel free to post photo link elsewhere.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #31 on: 29 June, 2010, 06:51:52 pm »
Lovely photos there Els.  :thumbsup:

I only took a few and shot off a bit quickly (before breakfast!)

It was a really lovely ride - the Ramblers' Association diversion was great fun.

Going through darkest Tooting we paused at the lights. A young man, drink having taken, spies us:

"'ere, are you doing the marathon?"

Thom, in the driest of dry tones: "Yes, that's right. On bikes"

Did anyone else notice the small white van driver behaving like a cock?  As we arrived at Felpham he drove past close and I'm sure swerved towards the bunch, nearly making contact with Life of Brian, or so it seemed to me.  I tried to chase him down, with what in mind I'm not sure, but our routes diverged.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #32 on: 29 June, 2010, 07:29:54 pm »
I took a smattering of shots, once it was daylight.

Arundel, the Castle and a smattering of FNRttCers.

Near the last turn off.

Adrian resting his eyelids.

Simon refreshing himself on the train home.  He's not being held up by Susie, oh no. ;D

The rest are here.
Actually, it is rocket science.