Author Topic: When was your last interaction with Picolax?  (Read 11409 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: When was your last interaction with Picolax?
« Reply #50 on: 27 June, 2023, 08:23:17 am »
Got the answer, that I didn't want to hear.

Am getting a bit of my colon removed, the bit with the squatter.  It is being removed next tuesday. So a week in hospital then a few weeks of recovery.

God, that's vile. How you're in the clear afterwards.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #51 on: 27 June, 2023, 01:06:17 pm »
Not ideal but better than it could be. Hopefully just a small bit removed and no dramas later.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #52 on: 27 June, 2023, 02:37:46 pm »
Got the answer, that I didn't want to hear.

Am getting a bit of my colon removed, the bit with the squatter.  It is being removed next tuesday. So a week in hospital then a few weeks of recovery.

Hope things go well and squatter is completely and successfully removed!

Allow yourself MUCH more time for recovery than folk tell you. If you can do more, then great but if you are feeling tired and weak, be gentle with yourself and don't push too hard.

Hope you recover swiftly & smoothly!

« Reply #53 on: 27 June, 2023, 03:04:01 pm »
Ugh. That is dire.

A friend, ex colleague, went into hospital with agonizing abdominal pains. Came out with a colostomy bag and several feet less colon than she used to have. Bit of a slog for recovery, but is doing well now (she calls her colostomy bag 'Boris', because it makes farting noises and is full of shit).

Was an interesting chat, and there is a chance that if things go bad I will end up with a boris too.

God, that's vile. How you're in the clear afterwards.

Could be a fuck of alot worse, but still terrifying.

Odd was being asked if I wanted an operation, er so the other option was just to leave it? 

The nurse and the doctor telling I'm taking it well, what does that even mean.

Hope things go well and squatter is completely and successfully removed!

Allow yourself MUCH more time for recovery than folk tell you. If you can do more, then great but if you are feeling tired and weak, be gentle with yourself and don't push too hard.

Hope you recover swiftly & smoothly!

They are removing the squatter, the house and a section of the street.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #54 on: 27 June, 2023, 08:26:29 pm »
The nurse and the doctor telling I'm taking it well, what does that even mean?

They don't know you feel 'gutted'...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #55 on: 27 June, 2023, 09:45:30 pm »
Hoping for a good eviction for you.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: 29 June, 2023, 03:29:13 am »
Missed all of this, hope it goes well gattopardo.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #57 on: 03 July, 2023, 04:50:42 pm »
Today's bowel cleanser is moviprep.  This stuff isn't flavoured, it just tastes terrible.   Both doses are the same, unlike plenvue that has a numbered first and a second dose mix.

The moviprep is a mix two powders together then mix in the water and drink, sorry sip over an hour with water.  This, i think, is to rinse the flavour of the moviprep from my mouth.

Edit: Supposed to be lemon flavour, but not to me.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #58 on: 05 July, 2023, 09:51:50 pm »
My Moviprep tasted mildly lemony to me. I suppose we're all different but I'm pondering if your sense of taste has been affected by Plague...

« Reply #59 on: 07 July, 2023, 11:35:46 pm »
My Moviprep tasted mildly lemony to me. I suppose we're all different but I'm pondering if your sense of taste has been affected by Plague...

Not sure if there was a taste, though the first moviprep definitely had a texture.  The second shot, I mixed up and had in the fridge for a couple of hours definitely had a flavour and less of an oily texture.  So maybe I mixed the powders up wrong, 

« Reply #60 on: 19 August, 2023, 09:08:47 am »
My packet of Plenvu has arrived.

Mango flavour for the first dose.
Fruit Punch for the second.
Can't wait for a good fruity punch in the guts.

The main event is happening 10am on  Thursday

Sent from my moto g22 using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #61 on: 19 August, 2023, 09:15:01 am »
Ride the brown laser!
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #62 on: 19 August, 2023, 09:57:16 am »
My packet of Plenvu has arrived.
Mango flavour for the first dose.
Fruit Punch for the second.
Can't wait for a good fruity punch in the guts.
The main event is happening 10am on  Thursday

Hope it goes well and they see all they need to see. Hope no 'features' requiring extra treatment are found.

Don't die of boredom on the low-res beige diet and don't go too wild on the foods you missed too soon afterwards!

« Reply #63 on: 25 August, 2023, 08:10:13 am »
The colonoscopy went OK. I had a very broken night's sleep before hand with almost hourly visitations.

I developed a craving for the orange ice lollies we had in the upstairs freezer - luxury pure orange ones - eaten at 1am and 5am - visible colour in my gut at 11am!

I also had irrational craving for a McDonald's visit as I got hungrier. That was dealt with after the procedure, but nearly thwarted by multiple road works. (McPlant burger was actually pretty good).

They found a lovely polyp to send off to my ex-colleagues in Histology. They nearly lost it in the wash-out process.

Beautiful hi-res imagery for entertainment during the procedure. Placebo Entonox available for when they go round that bend!

I'm glad that I didn't tough it out and think I would be able to get the bus home.

Sent from my moto g22 using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #64 on: 06 November, 2023, 11:57:10 am »
… will be one week on Friday. I have a box of the stuff sitting in the kitchen like a UXB with its aura of menace and doom.

The occasion is a colonoscopy following a negative screening, although I suspect hemeroids rathe than anything more sinister. Last time I had a colonoscopy I was fortunate enough to be covered by my work health insurance and was thus rendered insensible by a sufficiency of sedatives. This time I’m informed that I will be left awake to fully enjoy the experience  :(
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #65 on: 06 November, 2023, 12:16:53 pm »
You should be able to opt for sedatives, but you won't be able to drive for 24hours and will need to be in the care of a competent adult for that time too...

Some endoscopy suites offer gas and air now, which allows you to be unsupervised after the event  :)
It is simpler than it looks.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #66 on: 06 November, 2023, 01:39:05 pm »
You should be able to opt for sedatives, but you won't be able to drive for 24hours and will need to be in the care of a competent adult for that time too...

Some endoscopy suites offer gas and air now, which allows you to be unsupervised after the event  :)
I’m not sure that Dr Beardy would approve of me being unsupervised at any time  O:-)

Actually, no you mention it, i remember the nice nurse did say that gas and air would be available, and that was sufficient for most men.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #67 on: 06 November, 2023, 02:11:37 pm »
Entonox ('gas'n'air') but no sedation, was fine for me but not for a man of my acquaintance, who had excessive pain with previous attempts and is now awaiting a general anaesthetic appointment.
Folk differ.
I think my brother had a colonoscopy without much/any sedation/analgesia.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #68 on: 06 November, 2023, 02:54:53 pm »
I had an hour long event removing a lesion with no sedation, because they didn't tell me what they were going to do. It wasn't fun, but they did relent and let me at the Entonox.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #69 on: 06 November, 2023, 03:13:41 pm »
Not had colonoscopy, but have had multiple gastric endoscopies and cystoscopies. Cystoscopies are a bit painful.

Endoscopies don't hurt, but it is difficult not to panic when a semi rigid plastic thing is shoved down your throat. You can breath past it, but the brain reflex is saying 'no'.

Never even been offered gas and air.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #70 on: 06 November, 2023, 03:37:06 pm »
I got the results of my poo-sticks the other day.  No appointment with Agent Picolax is required.   :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #71 on: 06 November, 2023, 04:06:46 pm »
I got the results of my poo-sticks the other day.  No appointment with Agent Picolax is required.   :thumbsup:

Good to see!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #72 on: 06 November, 2023, 04:08:20 pm »

Good to see!

To be honest, I was surprised.  I know that I have issues with intermittent bleeds... it must just be the timing.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #73 on: 08 November, 2023, 03:01:34 pm »

Good to see!

To be honest, I was surprised.  I know that I have issues with intermittent bleeds... it must just be the timing.

Get the camera.

I back having intermittant bleeds and went to the docs and had another finger up my arris.  Still no fucking hemaroids just like every finger up my arse.

Being told to contact the hospital who did the op....well I had to do the online consult last week why not say it on the email.  Save the indignity of the fetal position and having a finger up my arse with the magical words relax...I replied with tits first I'n not a slag.  Should have gone with what no dinner or foreplay...

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #74 on: 08 November, 2023, 03:03:01 pm »
- visible colour in my gut at 11am!

Bet it wasn't as that yellow colour is like bile.