Author Topic: Bespoke lambs wood saddle cover for a brooks C17 saddle  (Read 872 times)

Bespoke lambs wood saddle cover for a brooks C17 saddle
« on: 02 December, 2021, 06:44:06 pm »
Howdy folks,

I've probably posted in the wrong group, but here goes...

I'm wanting to buy a bespoke lambs wool saddle cover for a c17 saddle (Christmas present), any ideas where I could get one from?

Cheers,

Doo  ;D
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

Re: Bespoke lambs wood saddle cover for a brooks C17 saddle
« Reply #1 on: 05 December, 2021, 09:18:05 pm »
I have once heard of such a thing. It was about 40 years ago, it was on the stoker's saddle on an american tandem and I don't have any more than that. You have two choices, search the web, concentrating on left pondian types of sites - or - talk to a friendly sheep and. make your own. There must be craftspeople out there capable of making a lambswool saddle cover (I presume you mean fleecy), the problem might well be sourcing the fleece to make it.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #2 on: 05 December, 2021, 09:46:42 pm »
You might want to amend the tiltle, they are hard enough as it is.  ;)

« Reply #3 on: 29 December, 2021, 08:32:24 pm »
I hope its not too late to reply, my OH and I both have a fleece cover. I got one because I thought it might add softness and keep me cool in the summer and warm in the winter. However the seat I had at the time, the shape of it, meant that the cover meant I was slipping around  for some reason.

Later I changed my seat to a much more comfortable one but found that the 'non slip' material it was made from gave me the opposite problem, my trousers rode up because the fabric clung to them and also Im a very nervous rider and cant 'step off' the bike when I stop which means I have to slide off the seat, because of the non slip, it meant I sort of 'dragged' on the seat and it made me even more nervous, so I decided to get another cover for me (my OH had nicked the first one) and so I have one now

The first one I got from bikester and the second one which is pinky/purple/marsala which matches my bike perfectly was from griege

They dont make the seat any softer by the way