Author Topic: RIP Wayne Kramer  (Read 621 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
RIP Wayne Kramer
« on: 04 February, 2024, 12:51:54 am »
Wayne Kramer: a complex and influential musician, dogged by lucklessness.  Forty years on and this Unit is still FUMMIN' about missing the 1984 show he did with The Deviants at Dingwalls.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: RIP Wayne Kramer
« Reply #1 on: 04 February, 2024, 12:25:10 pm »
You will be not inconsiderably surprised to learn that I have actually heard of this chap. At one time, my son in law used "waynekramerwaynekramer@[serviceprovider.suffix]" as an email address, apparently because an event he either attended or heard a recording of included a plaintive cry of that nature from a member of the audience.

Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 04 February, 2024, 06:03:45 pm »
RIP.

"Kick out the jams, motherf****s!"

I still don't know that means.

« Reply #3 on: 04 February, 2024, 08:52:40 pm »
"Kick out the jams" can mean whatever you want it to.

Per Wayne Kramer, in an interview with Caroline Boucher in Disc & Music Echo magazine on August 8, 1970:

People said "oh wow, 'kick out the jams' means break down restrictions" etc., and it made good copy, but when we wrote it we didn't have that in mind. We first used the phrase when we were the house band at a ballroom in Detroit, and we played there every week with another band from the area.

"We got in the habit, being the sort of punks we are, of screaming at them to get off the stage, to kick out the jams, meaning stop jamming. We were saying it all the time and it became a sort of esoteric phrase. Now, I think people can get what they like out of it; that's one of the good things about rock and roll."

http://makemyday.free.fr/discandme.htm
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche