Linked Events

• The Not the Mildenhall Rally YACF Rutland camping weekend: 26 August, 2016 - 29 August, 2016

Author Topic: The Not the Mildenhall Rally YACF camping weekend, Wing, Rutland, 26-29 Aug 2016  (Read 33617 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
We're en route. Two stupidly heavy touring bikes onna car with a glass roof. What could possibly go wrong?
#neverdonethisbefore

The only thing you need to avoid is dropping the bike when you take it off the roof. Trust me...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

"I hope you all have a spiffing time!"
signed
envious of Redlynch
Reine de la Fauche

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
wot she sedd

Spiffing times in a fortnight . . .
VELOMANCER

It's a noisy site.   Supposed to have a 10:30 noise curfew but that seems to be optional for some folk!

There is a good turnout and at least one new face to a forum name for me.   There's even  decent 4g! 

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I can't hear any snoring, mind...

We appear to be sharing with slugs. 

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
I hope to appear this morning in time for a ride, what time are folks likely to be setting off?

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Kim plans to try and cat herd everyone for an 11am departure.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
There's a WUNNERFUL Thunderstorm playing just now. I'm not sure if folks are riding at the moment. I did my "eccentric recluse " act and had a womble round the local town. I have to register a big Thank you to Tim Hall for rescuing my FAIL on pitching the tent yesterday. TEH BADD HEDD was beating me to stressing out and he, and a simply delightful piece of wood, got it pitched for me.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Chris S

* checks radar *

There's some Weapons Grade weather round there right now. Niiiice  :thumbsup:

This is full scale shit your kecks hardcore thunder and rain storm just now.   I haven't heard rain like this since Shetland in 2010 and the thunder is ear shatteringly loud in cannon fire cracks and avalance rumbles.   

Hope that the cycling hardcore have found safe shelter.

Chris S

Kim'll be flying a kite hooked up to a Raspberry Pi and a Really BIG capacitor. Maybe.

I had the misfortune of being trapped in the pub  :(

;D
Don't ask.

Beginning to ease off finally.   

Most of us are outside under the umbrellas at the Horse & Jockey.
Kim, Natalya & Nikki(?) have pressed on back to the campsite.

Don't fancy our chances of getting a table in the pub tonight :-(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Beginning to ease off finally.   

Er, scrub that.   

Most of us are outside under the umbrellas at the Horse & Jockey.
Kim, Natalya & Nikki(?) have pressed on back to the campsite.

Don't fancy our chances of getting a table in the pub tonight :-(

Window in the weatber around 9p.m. Andrew ...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
In the H & J. Thinking about a curry to be delivered to the campsite. Determined but moist.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Kim'll be flying a kite hooked up to a Raspberry Pi and a Really BIG capacitor. Maybe.
Too busy guiding an electric trickiest through bottom bracket height flash flooding. Nothing shorted out! We're (barakta and I, no idea what happened to nikki) back at the campsite.

I nipped up to get some water to cook with, and accidentally bought food at the cafe.
Don't ask.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
I had the misfortune of being trapped in the pub  :(

;D

Hopefully someone can put you in touch with a counselling service to help you recover from the trauma . . .
VELOMANCER

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
This is full scale shit your kecks hardcore thunder and rain storm just now.   I haven't heard rain like this since Shetland in 2010 and the thunder is ear shatteringly loud in cannon fire cracks and avalance rumbles.   

Hope that the cycling hardcore have found safe shelter.

How wonderfully descriptive! Ever thought of being an author . . . ?
VELOMANCER

A splinter group has gone in search of curry.  We've just been paddling in the lanes downhill from the camp site and are now imbibing at the local.

Sadly Pedaldog has packed and left.   Didn't see him go so presume that he went during the great great great great granddad of all storms.  Nice to have met you PD and hope to see you again.   Safe journey home.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
I looked at the weather and went to the cinema instead! Maybe I'll turn up in the morning!!!

Shortly after the specific lightning strike that I believe inspired Polar Bear's turn of phrase, I was kidnapped by Loadsabikes and Mrs Miggins for an evening that involved fish, chips, gorillas and intense evaluation by the grandkids.

Now back on the campsite, but my shoes are on a radiator in the watchful custody of Mrs M. Hopefully they (the shoes) will be less squelchy tomorrow morning.