Author Topic: Bottle-carrier and rack braze-ons, bolts, grease and rust  (Read 901 times)

Bottle-carrier and rack braze-ons, bolts, grease and rust
« on: 29 June, 2009, 04:23:23 pm »
Just sold my Dawes One-Down to a colleague, a newbie commuter. says it's the smoothest bike he's ever had  :)

Removed the low-rider and bottle cages (needed them more than he did). Greased the b-cage bolts and replaced in the frame. I need the low-rider bolts to fit to another bike so simply greased the ages of the bolt sockets. Will this give enough protection to the forks? AIUI, bottle-cage bolts are part of the frameset, whereas rack bolts come and go with the rack. Have I done right?

border-rider

Re: Bottle-carrier and rack braze-ons, bolts, grease and rust
« Reply #1 on: 29 June, 2009, 04:24:49 pm »
Varies.  Some bikes come with them, some don't.  They're cheap as.  anyway so he can soon get some more.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: Bottle-carrier and rack braze-ons, bolts, grease and rust
« Reply #2 on: 29 June, 2009, 04:43:59 pm »
Removed the low-rider and bottle cages (needed them more than he did). Greased the b-cage bolts and replaced in the frame. I need the low-rider bolts to fit to another bike so simply greased the ages of the bolt sockets. Will this give enough protection to the forks?

Maybe, but I would fit bolts to make sure (with plenty of grease or anti-seize).

It will be alright as it is for a while anyway.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●