Author Topic: Using a Chariot hitch on a Carry Freedom large Y-frame trailer  (Read 1518 times)

Ahoy :0)

I lost the metal bracket thingy that sits on the axle and attaches to the lollypop. Being in the US it's not easy to get spares for the Carry Freedom trailer (although the trailer itself it easy to get via chainreaction)

Someone mentioned something in a forum somewhere about using a Chariot hitch on a Y-frame, has anyone got any experience with that? Not gonna pull a massive load.

"Many, also, are the hills that lie between, and we must ascend, by a glorious stairway, from strength to strength."
- Petrarch, 'The Ascent of Mount Ventoux', 1336

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Using a Chariot hitch on a Carry Freedom large Y-frame trailer
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »
No idea about the Chariot hitch (though it looks like it should work if the diameters are compatible), but you could try emailing alix@simple-city.com (I think Carry Freedom are one of several brands owned by the same company) and asking if they'll ship you one directly.  He recently got back to me about spares for the rubber axle covers on the Y-frame hubs, which aren't a standard accessory.

Failing that, I'm sure a friendly Brit could order you one and pop it in the post...

Re: Using a Chariot hitch on a Carry Freedom large Y-frame trailer
« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2013, 09:04:18 pm »
I think what you need is a Wandertec Bongo hitch, BICBW!
http://www.biketrailershop.com/wandertec-bongo-bike-cargo-trailer-large-p-1579.html