Author Topic: Back in the saddle - ooof.  (Read 1413 times)

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Back in the saddle - ooof.
« on: 29 March, 2010, 01:49:49 pm »
Have not taken the challenge out since August of last year when I suddenly lost interest. 
Decided yesterday to take a spin around Richmond.
What a difference time makes - it was hard hard work and very sweaty indeed.  Nevertheless a tiny spark of enthusiasm regained and I am still amazed that even as unfit and flabby as I am it is still smoking on the flat and downs - although advantage gained thus is soon lost on the ups.
Drivers in the park were a nightmare though - one merc driver deliberately ran the cyclist in front of me off the road onto the grass! Despite the 20 mph limit they all want to travel at >25 and resent the cyclists, and try to overtake directly into them.
The police meanwhile are busy stopping cyclists on the hill for going over 20!
Its mad.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Re: Back in the saddle - ooof.
« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2010, 01:43:26 pm »
Mate of mine got run down at 07-00 the other morning, not an accident, the guy cut him up then turned the car round and went for him, he managed to throw himself clear but the bike is a write off.
        At least the police seem to be taking it seriously and the driver is going to be arrested and charged.
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #2 on: 30 March, 2010, 04:13:38 pm »
Was that in the park too?
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

« Reply #3 on: 30 March, 2010, 11:56:57 pm »
No, a peaceful road in Oxford on a quite Sunday morning
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.