Author Topic: Trying to find a picture or pictures of... [a Raleigh Rodeo]  (Read 1369 times)

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Trying to find a picture or pictures of... [a Raleigh Rodeo]
« on: 16 January, 2009, 09:33:06 am »
A Raleigh Rodeo.

My second bicyle, which I _loved_ ,  was a Raleigh Rodeo. It was bought from a shop (name forgotten) at the east end of East Calder in 1969.  I rode it for what seemed like miles and miles all around Pumpherston and the Calders.

I've been trying to find pictures of the model, but all I can turn up via google are pictures of a US model which seems to be a precursor to the Chopper. Which is not the same bike at all. Mine was a standard diamond frame single speed in blue with, IIRC, red details.

The only thing that I can find that confirms that I had remembered it correctly is this:

Leuchars Freewheelers.: That Bike for Christmas.

"One of my fondest childhood memories was that of receiving a bike for Christmas. It was a Raleigh Rodeo and each letter of its name was painted a different primary colour upon its sparkling blue frame. Being a bike in its raw form it had no gears at all,..."

Anyone else remember this model?

Was it some odd model that Raleigh only made for third world countries like Scotland? :)

Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου