Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146310 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #650 on: 19 February, 2018, 09:37:58 am »
I was at a YACF camping event. Kim was there, naturally, and she was telling people – or perhaps just me – about her very dear sister, who was seriously ill in hospital in Gloucester. Because Kim was unable to visit her, she asked me to do this on her behalf. The camping ended, I went home, then got on my bike and headed up the A38 to Gloucester. Then I woke up just as I saw the hospital building.

Odd. IRL Gloucester is more or less midway between Brum and Bris, I've never heard Kim mention a sister and I'm not aware of any reason (other than geographical proximity) why I in particular should be deputized to visit people for her.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #651 on: 19 February, 2018, 09:41:51 am »
I quite often get “frustration” dreams wherein I’m trying to achieve something but am continually thwarted by circumstance. So no surprise the othe night - except the task I was failing in was getting our cat to the vet because it had a dislocated shoulder...
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #652 on: 21 February, 2018, 08:37:24 pm »
Last night I dreamed I was in a swimming pool. George Galloway was also there. A pool attendant said to me "that's that Welsh MP bloke" and I responded "no, he's Scottish. He might be a rape apologist but he's OUR rape apologist." Then I told Gorgeous George about the conversation and he flicked me the Vs.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #653 on: 21 February, 2018, 09:22:22 pm »
I've forgotten all the details, but there was a pretty cool pterodactyl in it.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #654 on: 22 February, 2018, 02:34:25 pm »
I hired a car.  In Canada.  It turned out to be a RHD late 1960s Opel Rekord ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #655 on: 07 April, 2018, 01:12:15 pm »
I don't remember the plot, but it culminated in me shouting at Boris Johnson that if he was so good at time travel why doesn't he just sit at home being rich?

Nobody should have dreams with Bloody Stupid Johnson in them.   :hand:

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #656 on: 07 April, 2018, 06:07:23 pm »
The worrying thing there is Bodge Boj doing time travel. That means we'll never get rid of him!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #657 on: 08 April, 2018, 09:25:16 am »
Around 5:30 am, dreamt that a tramp grabbed my long scarf. I shot out a hand to grab it and soundly thumped the missus's pillows.

Fortunately we have a wide bed so I didn't soundly thump the missus. :o
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #658 on: 01 September, 2018, 05:55:11 am »
I had the most vivid dream that someone had stolen our garage!

I have checked and it is still there!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #659 on: 16 January, 2019, 12:35:05 pm »
I woke Mrs N up at 2am yesterday morning by shouting out 'What's that doing there?' I have no idea what 'it' was, nor where it was, let alone where it should have been. Suggestions welcome. Just to be clear, I was asleep at the time.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #660 on: 16 January, 2019, 12:35:55 pm »
Saw 'it' cold?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #661 on: 16 January, 2019, 12:41:53 pm »
I don't think so. I've been walking round the house looking for out-of-place things. There are plenty, but nothing ringing any bells (including, coincidentally, the battery-operated door bell which has been in the hallway waiting for me to I install it - but it's been there for 6 months).

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #662 on: 16 January, 2019, 12:45:06 pm »
I had one where I'd been helping barakta run some sort of Bi event in a university library, but had sneaked off to coax stray cats in through the back window and home them in the stacks.

« Reply #663 on: 31 January, 2019, 07:57:22 am »
I had a bit of good old fashioned of sleep walking from about 5:30 to around 7ish . I've only ever done that once before many years ago when I was a child.

The first time, all I was trying do was get outside for some reason, but I couldn't get the back door open. My dad just came down and told me to go back to bed. Which I did without trauma. This time however I'm going to be shitting myself come next bedtime!

Basically, I went the loo, came out, went into the bathroom, then on my way back to my room, I noticed this odd foreign looking toilet, but carried regardless and fell flat on my face on the landing. To cut a long story short the whole house was being turned into some kind of eastern European traditional home. Cats and dogs everywhere, horses in the garden, children running around.

They were filling every room with junk and all my stuff had gone. I started screaming at them to fuck off etc and they just shook their heads. They never said anything - just mouthed words. My room was full of shit, so I went into one of the spare rooms, but couldn't get comfy amongst all the tat. So I went to another room to find yet more peasants, I punched one of them and he kinda just turned to dust then disappeared. This goes on for a fair while and it's weird how you can actually have some rational thought even when sleeping. Maybe there's a word for that type of sleep. I just kept telling myself that this isn't real - it's a dream. You start doubt yourself though. It seemed if I looked out of a window, the whole area had been taken over by the peasants.

Eventually I told myself to sleep and it would be OK. I couldn't yet snap out of the dream though. There were piles of wooden boxes everywhere and one snagged on a pillow, so I whacked the box and it disappeared. Then I started whacking the shit out of everything and all is back to normal  :)

I've a carpet burn on my knee and a bruise on my elbow from crashing into some non-existent item  :P

There are loads of other little details too which I should be able remember in the future. But that will do for now!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #664 on: 31 January, 2019, 08:07:04 am »
Crikey.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #665 on: 31 January, 2019, 01:02:15 pm »
That is an odd one.

« Reply #666 on: 22 April, 2019, 08:43:38 am »
Last night i dreamt that I met a pony. In a side street of Brighton. It seemed afraid and to have a sore leg. I talked to it, got him to sit down. We chatted. Eventually he suggested i should phone the police. But they weren’t answering. Then we thought about where to find some grass.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #667 on: 22 April, 2019, 04:11:11 pm »
Sounds like you may have had too much of that before you went to sleep.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #668 on: 22 April, 2019, 04:48:31 pm »
:D
No, none of that, not even any cheese!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #669 on: 23 May, 2019, 10:42:34 am »
I was riding up an extremely steep, bumpy, grassy hill. Far too steep to ride up in real life. At the top there was a wide moor – and a game of cricket. Despite there being no buildings or roads anywhere near, they had a perfectly maintained, marked out pitch. I put up my tent at the edge of the cricket field. My tent had a transparent side, so I could watch the game all the time. And despite being on this wild moor (with cricket ground) it was very sociable, there were quite a few other spectators.

« Reply #670 on: 14 July, 2019, 10:03:13 pm »
Over a few weeks I've been constantly revisiting a town or city. The dreams have been sufficiently detailed that I've been able to start drawing a map of whatever this place is.
The city feels like an amalgamation of my brief childhood stays in Bolton ok n the 60s mixed with various continental cities. It's grey & grim.
There's a tramway on one street and a big building called "The Old German Market".There's steps down to an underground station.
Very, very odd !!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #671 on: 16 September, 2019, 03:08:34 pm »
Last night I bought a pickup truck.  I've clearly been in USAnia too long.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #672 on: 16 September, 2019, 09:42:09 pm »
[REDACTED] was molishing a Big Gay Velomobile.  I want a Big Gay Velomobile now.  Or maybe a Little Gay Velomobile would be more sensible, given what usually happens when I get in velomobiles.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #673 on: 24 September, 2019, 11:25:29 am »
I was smuggling a bag of radioactive material along a canal (without the aid of a boat), stopped to take a picture of a really good Bridge For Crinklylion, and ...got woken up by inbound barakta on early release from the hospital, in the pissing rain, with a b0rked hearing aid.  Probably for the best.

« Reply #674 on: 24 September, 2019, 02:24:48 pm »
I dreamed of crocodiles which had huge clocks embedded in their backs. As these crocodiles evolved (very quickly) they realised that if they inflated the clocks they would become too large to be eaten by the bigger crocodiles.
Hear all, see all, say nowt