Author Topic: A Pair of Kirtons  (Read 40302 times)

Re: A Pair of Kirtons
« Reply #275 on: 05 June, 2017, 10:48:31 pm »
What a brilliant ride that was.
Plenty of variety in the scenery. I especially liked the virtually traffic-less section down the canal trail and across those fens.
Although I finished the full 600, my helmet managed to get away with just doing 350.
Thanks to the riders who spotted where I left it at Askern and for passing it on to Mike so we could be repatriated at Corby Glen.

« Reply #276 on: 05 June, 2017, 10:51:11 pm »
I especially liked the virtually traffic-less section down the canal trail and across those fens.

Only someone riding a recumbent would say that ;-)
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #277 on: 06 June, 2017, 07:36:10 am »
Thank you for Mike and his well seasoned helpers who did any excellent job.

Great route with vists to East, middle and West of the UK.

Very lucky with the weather, there was various times on the ride we thought we were going to get a soaking, however we didn't.

I hope Mel is not off the road too long.

« Reply #278 on: 06 June, 2017, 10:09:39 pm »
I especially liked the virtually traffic-less section down the canal trail and across those fens.

Only someone riding a recumbent would say that ;-)

So the gates weren't a problem?

« Reply #279 on: 07 June, 2017, 04:46:45 pm »
The gates were no problem at all.
Obviously had to stand up to open them, but it was a pleasant excuse to stretch the legs......

I spoke to the chap in the Quest velomobile who told me he also went through the gates (but only just managed to squeeze through one of them...).

« Reply #280 on: 30 June, 2017, 07:19:43 am »
Points are up  :thumbsup:
Eddington Number = 132

« Reply #281 on: 01 July, 2017, 09:58:11 pm »
Points are up  :thumbsup:

Yes, sorry for the delay, due to my being off in France to do some cycling.  It's a good job this wasn't a PBP year, but then again, it wasn't a BRM, due to my not getting calendar approval from Mrs Delph Cyclist in time for the September deadline to register the rides.  (I have to coordinate with her non-cycling hobby commitments).