Author Topic: Do amphetamines work?  (Read 11239 times)

Re: Do amphetamines work?
« Reply #25 on: 18 August, 2008, 10:00:57 pm »
ephedrine-caffeine-aspirin combo

Why the aspirin, Andy?

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #26 on: 18 August, 2008, 10:07:43 pm »
It's supposed to be "synergistic" - I don't have a history of the combo to hand.  I do know that some people skip it or replace the aspirin with yohimbine (the "ECY stack").  One of the main effects apart from stimulation is appetite suppresion, and I suspect the aspirin may be part of that.  Appetite suppression is a risk with any stimulant/exercise combo, because you can simply forget to eat until you bonk.  Discipline is required.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #27 on: 18 August, 2008, 11:12:12 pm »
Perhaps we could all chip in and buy you a line or even a bag for an experiment?

Hang on, no, that would be supply.

I would be joining F4J then as Mrs G would kick me out for being so stoopid.  ;D

« Reply #28 on: 19 August, 2008, 12:00:58 am »
It's supposed to be "synergistic" - I don't have a history of the combo to hand.  I do know that some people skip it or replace the aspirin with yohimbine (the "ECY stack").  One of the main effects apart from stimulation is appetite suppresion, and I suspect the aspirin may be part of that.  Appetite suppression is a risk with any stimulant/exercise combo, because you can simply forget to eat until you bonk.  Discipline is required.

I checked it out in Wiki:

Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production outside of the cells, which, in conjunction with caffeine, greatly prolongs the thermogenic effects and increased metabolism by sustaining elevated cAMP levels.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: 19 August, 2008, 08:40:10 am »
I checked it out in Wiki:

Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production outside of the cells, which, in conjunction with caffeine, greatly prolongs the thermogenic effects and increased metabolism by sustaining elevated cAMP levels.

So Astana beans make you camp?

Get Her, ducky  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #30 on: 19 August, 2008, 10:01:03 am »
You've seen me in that hat. :thumbsup:
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.