Author Topic: B&M Luxos Flickering on and off  (Read 731 times)

B&M Luxos Flickering on and off
« on: 07 September, 2015, 10:38:43 pm »
My B&M Luxos (old model with separate USB wire) suddenly stopped working today after 12 months of commuting.  When I came out this evening to ride home it worked normally for a couple of miles, flickered for a couple of miles and didn't work at all for a mile or so.  The rear light, also powered by the dynamo is still working normally so it isn't the dynamo or the wiring.

I have emailed the distributor but, assuming that this is some sort of loose connection has it happened to anybody else and is curable by bodging or is it a return to sender type job?

321up

• 59° N
Re: B&M Luxos Flickering on and off
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2015, 01:08:32 pm »
Water in the connector can cause on-off-on-off... try drying it out.  My old Luxos U died in August about 2 years after I bought it.  I'd given up using the charging output and had unplugged the lead long ago and it was plugged with the rubber bung to keep water out.  For several months it had refused to stay switched off so I'd just left it on.  Then one day the on/off switch started working, but within a couple of weeks it was completely dead (refused to switch on).  I'm now using the new design Luxos U and I think the cabling is much better, no problems thus far.  I need to investigate getting my old Luxos U repaired - one of many things on my to do list  :facepalm:

If you find a solution please let us know.

Re: B&M Luxos Flickering on and off
« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2015, 10:54:30 pm »
Excellent service from the person I bought it off asking me to return it.  I am going to do one more ride in the dark with a video of the light as I know what these intermittent faults are like.
Chris