Author Topic: Tinfoil hat today?  (Read 1107 times)

Re: Tinfoil hat today?
« Reply #25 on: 12 May, 2024, 11:56:21 am »
Nothing here last night, except for the glow of head- and taillights on Coombe Hill as folk tried to get somewhere dark, but instead got into and eye searing traffic jam. And there was nothing see anyway. Plenty of local photos fron Friday night though. The flights into Luton must have had a good view.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #26 on: 12 May, 2024, 11:59:25 am »
We haven't really bothered.

Very often, what you see with the naked eye is a vague greenish glow that moves a bit.

Photograph it, and there are dramatic pinks, purples and bright greens.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #27 on: 12 May, 2024, 12:29:23 pm »
Did go out and have a look later on, a very vague greenish glow, not worth it. May have another look later this evening
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #28 on: 12 May, 2024, 05:29:26 pm »
Saw nothing after midnight on the Isle of Man. https://aurorasaurus.org/storm-tracker suggests why there was such a big difference between Friday night and Saturday night. I expect there to be nothing visible tonight for most of England.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #29 on: 12 May, 2024, 07:34:52 pm »
From Wellesbourne I and several others noticed a weird radial cloud pattern for much of Friday night.  Polar Bear - being nominatively experienced in such matters - identified it as the aurora, but we dismissed that until presented with photographic evidence.

I have previous for assuming astronomical events are meteorological, so this is to be expected.

Nothing visible on Saturday through the haze, but we did spot the ISS and one of Musk's satellites.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #30 on: 12 May, 2024, 09:08:55 pm »

Hand held iPhone.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)