Author Topic: 104 tooth chainring  (Read 2228 times)

Re: 104 tooth chainring
« Reply #1 on: 09 August, 2013, 10:44:58 pm »
I remember a club mate of mine borrowing a ring like that to have a go at a roller speed record.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 12 August, 2013, 07:12:06 pm »
There are more compact solutions involving an intermediate BB and chainrings (Wobbly John has probably knocked one up), although they're the teeniest bit less efficient.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 12 August, 2013, 08:15:22 pm »
I saw a couple of speed record attempt machines in a French museum - MASSIVE chainwheels ... apparently the rider had to pushed to start by a bloke on a motorcycle with a thing that looked like a broom pushing against the bike saddle.  Can't remember the speed attained.

Sadly the museum, at Cormatin in Burgundy, is no more.

AND just before the M42 south of Birmingham opened there was a cycle speed attempt with a big chainwheel - I think the rider was following a Rover SD1 with a shield on the back to get up to speed before the car pulled to one side.  Must have been quite a sight.

Rob

« Reply #4 on: 12 August, 2013, 08:41:56 pm »
AND just before the M42 south of Birmingham opened there was a cycle speed attempt with a big chainwheel - I think the rider was following a Rover SD1 with a shield on the back to get up to speed before the car pulled to one side.  Must have been quite a sight.

That was Dave Le Grys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmpxJWAJbFM
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 13 August, 2013, 06:29:45 pm »
I love the "shed for sale" notice at the end of that vid.  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.