Author Topic: Coronavirus and Audax  (Read 89939 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Coronavirus and Audax
« Reply #900 on: 08 June, 2020, 07:25:36 pm »
It wouldn't suprise me, Matt - I should have specified "they" being the government....Is Boris saying that 5G gives covid then  ??? ???    ;D
Well who knows?? He wasn't all that great at listening to his scientists back in Feb/March. He's an educated man, but I don't think science is his strong point ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #901 on: 08 June, 2020, 07:33:53 pm »
Is 1m measured from centre to centre, or exterior to exterior?
Because in the case of someone who was sufficiently fat it would be possible to always be 1m, even if they were touching (but not squashed up).
Nose to nose might be a more sensible measure.
Good question. I'm surprised no-one has tried social-distancing outfits. Something like this might suit me:

Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #902 on: 09 June, 2020, 08:30:33 am »
Pictures on TV news last night of teaching assistants playing with children using hula hoops - similar thing
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Davef

« Reply #903 on: 09 June, 2020, 09:27:32 am »
Is 1m measured from centre to centre, or exterior to exterior?
Because in the case of someone who was sufficiently fat it would be possible to always be 1m, even if they were touching (but not squashed up).
Nose to nose might be a more sensible measure.
Good question. I'm surprised no-one has tried social-distancing outfits. Something like this might suit me:

I find Lycra cycling kit at the supermarket very effective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #904 on: 13 June, 2020, 12:27:52 pm »
Scottish Cycling CEO speaking to journalist Rhona McLeod about various aspects of cycling including competition, some level of relevance to Audax in what he's saying about restarting.
There's a picture early on that if it wasn't for the sportive numbers...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PPQjZ3j1Y&feature=youtu.be