Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: WFH rejig
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:42:01 am »
Looks like you’re making a better fist of it than the clowns who supplied the studio in the garden at Schloß von Brandenburg.  This was originally touted as being suitable for “live drums” – a claim which has subsequently disappeared from their webshite – but has turned out not to be any such thing, to the considerable consternation of the neighbours.  The Sunday before last Mr von Brandenburg was thumping away on the electronic practice kit that currently resides therein, with results that were clearly audible inside the Schloß itself.  Legal action is underway.
« Last post by road-runner on Today at 12:31:22 am »
Also any idea how to stop a fan motors buzz resonating through plasterboard such that it's noisier in the rooms next to it than in the room with the fan?

I could hazard a guess in the morning. It is 1.30am here and I really must go to bed.
OT Knowledge / Re: Aldi Coffee machine - Ambiano
« Last post by nuttycyclist on Today at 12:24:58 am »
Mug #2 now empty.

I wonder why I can't sleep?
« Last post by FifeingEejit on Today at 12:20:34 am »
^ what they said

Also any idea how to stop a fan motors buzz resonating through plasterboard such that it's noisier in the rooms next to it than in the room with the fan?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: "your hard drive is failing"
« Last post by nuttycyclist on Today at 12:18:19 am »
When I got the HDD warning message, I ignored it a few days... then the laptop wouldn't boot.

Your mileage may vary.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: "your hard drive is failing"
« Last post by andyoxon on Today at 12:12:51 am »
Thanks all.  SSD seems like way to go.  I've installed a Crucial SSD on my laptop using their Acronis cloning software, and have the connection cable.  Hoping her laptop will last the rest term ~4wks, so that I can do it here.  I suppose there's a chance the cloning may not be great if there's a problem with the disk.
The Pub / Re: The Last 125
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 12:12:44 am »
I used to know a chap whose father used to drive them on the Western Region route 'twixt Cornwall and That London.  The old boy claimed they used regularly to open the taps if a representative of The Man wasn’t around, and wind them up to 140+ mph.
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 12:12:41 am »
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:10:06 am »
Wow...
The Pub / Re: The Last 125
« Last post by IanN on Today at 12:07:37 am »
Notwithstanding their safety limitations, I always enjoyed travelling on HSTs.

Agreed. Much as I may have preferred double headed 50s back in the 1980's, I have fond memories of getting late trains back to Plymouth about 20 years ago. The train would be mostly empty, over Dainton, past Totnes and the driver opened it up...

But it's mostly that the more recent cross country and GWR trains are utter w@nk with no leg room, shoulder room, bike room, functioning toilets half the time.. etc

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10