Off Topic > The Pub

Your Wikipedia find of the week

<< < (122/130) > >>

Mr Larrington:

--- Quote from: Deano on 23 November, 2020, 09:02:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: rogerzilla on 25 September, 2010, 07:25:49 pm ---D. B. Cooper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was slightly too young to remember this.  What a story, and what a mystery.

--- End quote ---

Back to the OP - the Storyville documentary about this is on BBC4 now.

--- End quote ---

Watched this earlier this evening.  Fascinating Stuffs, though I reckon they downplayed the notion that he died either during or immediately after the jump.  Though if he did it adds another level to the “how did some of the money fetch up at Tina Bar nine years later” question.

mllePB:

--- Quote from: Mr Larrington on 01 December, 2020, 01:11:49 am ---
--- Quote from: Deano on 23 November, 2020, 09:02:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: rogerzilla on 25 September, 2010, 07:25:49 pm ---D. B. Cooper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was slightly too young to remember this.  What a story, and what a mystery.

--- End quote ---

Back to the OP - the Storyville documentary about this is on BBC4 now.

--- End quote ---

Watched this earlier this evening.  Fascinating Stuffs, though I reckon they downplayed the notion that he died either during or immediately after the jump.  Though if he did it adds another level to the “how did some of the money fetch up at Tina Bar nine years later” question.

--- End quote ---

Watched this last week - great documentary then read the wikipedia page.
I believe that he probably died from the parachute jump, but it's fascinating that so many believed otherwise and that he was their fiend/husband/father/uncle.

Basil:
As I was walking the dog1 in the park this morning we chanced upon a woman (Probably late 30s) and her dog coming the other way.  Both dogs decided to have a bark-fest. As we were each admonishing our respective mutts she unexpectedly let out a tremendous fart, at which point she scuttled away.  ;D
She wasn't quick thinking enough to blame her dog.
Childishly, I'm still sniggering about it.

1 We've had to admit that this is her actual name.

Pingu:

--- Quote from: Basil on 04 December, 2020, 12:56:34 pm ---As I was walking the dog1 in the park this morning we chanced upon a woman (Probably late 30s) and her dog coming the other way.  Both dogs decided to have a bark-fest. As we were each admonishing our respective mutts she unexpectedly let out a tremendous fart, at which point she scuttled away.  ;D
She wasn't quick thinking enough to blame her dog.
Childishly, I'm still sniggering about it.

1 We've had to admit that this is her actual name.

--- End quote ---

Can you give us link to the Wikipedia entry?

nikki:
Vol de sirop d'érable du siècle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Canadian_Maple_Syrup_Heist

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version