Author Topic: Manchester United Clear-out?  (Read 9956 times)

Re: Manchester United Clear-out?
« Reply #50 on: 21 December, 2018, 03:56:22 pm »
But would he want to though? Regarless of money, I don't think he would...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #51 on: 21 December, 2018, 06:30:23 pm »
Solksjaer trained Pogba in the youth team and centred team around him. Phelan tried to convince Fergie to bring him into the first team.

Our position in league not going to improve and Jose was falling out with team. So it’s a case of backing Pogba to turn things around if played how he likes to be played.

As for Pochettino - if he was a £34m player then no-one would expect anything but a decent squad player - not a game changer. So for points per individual and team improvement/progression, managers are still under valued.

If Spurs make 1/4 final of CL and top 5 in league, Pochettino will have done well. But with new stadium he knows he is getting minimal funds to improve squad. So if he wants silverware (and big pay rise) and chance to take over the big two in Spain (iconic teams in southern America) then he has to leave Spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #52 on: 21 December, 2018, 07:52:26 pm »
As for Pochettino - if he was a £34m player then no-one would expect anything but a decent squad player - not a game changer. So for points per individual and team improvement/progression, managers are still under valued.

Managers have no resale value though so you can't really compare them to players.

(Bring back player-managers I say...)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #53 on: 21 December, 2018, 08:10:19 pm »
Only a matter of time now buy-out clauses are entering their contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #54 on: 21 December, 2018, 09:13:25 pm »
While Mourinho was clearly not helping himself by the end of his tenure, and they have some good players, for the amount of money spent, they should have a lot more great players. If Utd are smart, they are cleaning out the front office and handing control of football matters to a sporting director. That guy would want to hire his own coach. Bringing Solskaer in to hold the fort until that person has their feet under the table would make a huge amount of sense.
If they do go down the sporting director model, would Poch want that? He has some say at Spurs, and not much money - surely the only way you get him to leave for Utd is if they offer him a pile of cash to spend on players, and control of who it is spent on. He has a good thing going at Spurs right now, but if spending is constrained by the stadium, will he actually get to take on the likes of Citeh and Liverpool there, or will he have to keep making do? He's never won a thing as a coach, he could do with getting some trophies on his CV.  Also, Real are going to be coach-shopping in the summer, and that's a pretty good place to collect trophies - that might look more attractive than Utd...

« Reply #55 on: 22 December, 2018, 11:13:58 am »
Paddle steamers cross the Wear, avoiding the gators, from jazz band to cotton field.

The only jazz bands in that area play the kazoo not tenor sax. It’s a northern thing.