Author Topic: "I know Piglet", said Christopher Robin, "and he's quite a different colour."  (Read 2902 times)

HTFB

• The Monkey and the Plywood Violin
The frame's green! I thought so, but it's been hard to remember.

And the chainwheels are a wholly different shape from what I've been used to. Though the metal is only the nominal chainwheel---I've actually been riding on an agglomeration of hardened skag quite a bit tougher, I learn now I come to remove it, than steel. As it happens the skag-wheel had the same number of teeth as the original one, but that seems to be entirely fortuitous.
Not especially helpful or mature

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
You see - there is a line between being understandable and being surreal. This post crosses that line in both directions  ;D
Owner of a languishing Langster

border-rider

Post of the year so far for me :)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Any time your ready, you can pop over and clean my bike if you like.  :)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

HTFB

Ah, February 2010. It's not that long ago, really, is it? Anyway, there are no prizes on offer for shininess.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
I love this thread.  ;D

How many teeth on the skag ring today?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

HTFB

Oh, I had to change the chainset last year, or the year before, for some perfectly valid reason associated with it being eight years old and not at all because it was carved into extravagant sharks' teeth by an overworn grimy chain. It had probably aged more quickly after I rashly prised off its carapace of muck.

I put proofide on the saddle yesterday too, though I'm a bit concerned that it wasn't due yet.

fuzzy

Reminds me of a service done in our shop last weekend. The mechanic stripped the rear mech down and discovered 6- yes, 6 jockey wheels. 2 plastic and 4 skag. The skag wheels were perfect facimiles of the real thing  :sick:

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
What's that stuff you put on wax coats to reproof them? Whatever it is, I've put that once on m'Brooks that I've been riding for 30 years. Not bad eh?
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Reminds me of a service done in our shop last weekend. The mechanic stripped the rear mech down and discovered 6- yes, 6 jockey wheels. 2 plastic and 4 skag. The skag wheels were perfect facimiles of the real thing  :sick:
That's a novel method of concealment.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

HTFB

Ah, February 2010. It's not that long ago, really, is it? Anyway, there are no prizes on offer for shininess.
Really I spend as long cleaning this bloody machine as riding it. Didn't bother with a proper job this time, it wasn't that bad.