General Category > Rides and Touring

Twitey's camping break - May 9th through 13th, 2024

(1/6) > >>

Polar Bear:
We are going with a couple of friends so thought that I'd put it out there just in case anybody else fancies turning up at any point during our stay.

We will not be cycling but don't let that stop you. 

We will not be organising any events, outings, meals, etc., just relaxing.

We will be happy to see friendly faces should you be so inclined.

For those not familiar with Twiteys take a look at the website.  If you are alone but fancy coming along, try to buddy up with others and share a pitch.  There will be four of us (3 tents) and a gazebo on our pitch so sorry but we have no extra space.

I know that they will accommodate parties with adjacent pitches if that is important to you.  The site is not impossibly though. I can enquire if there is demand ...

The firepit makes for a great evening social gathering space as the daylight fades.  Always good to have a seat around the fire ...

Aside from a nice weekend with friends the primary reason for the trip is a kit shakedown before our longer break in June so we will not be taking the big inflatable tent, rather the Hilleberg Keron 4GT and the 3m x 3m "mess tent" gazebo which will also provide a place for me to shelter from the sun.

That's it.  Now it's up to you.

Kim:
For those who don't know: https://twiteystipis.co.uk/  - Near Stratford-upon-Avon.

Previous YACF thread here https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=112773.msg2425303#msg2425303

Pencilled in.

ravenbait:
I keep thinking "That sounds fun!" when I see these things, then I go see where it is and realise how long it would take to get there.

Sam

Cudzoziemiec:
Crayonated, will see according to other plans, developments and inclinations.

mllePB:
Best thing about Twiteys is unlike many places, you don't end up camping in a car park, so you can watch the sunset around the 🔥

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version