Author Topic: Experiences of Teh Plague  (Read 87276 times)

Re: Experiences of Teh Plague
« Reply #600 on: 02 August, 2022, 10:20:44 am »
I think I have got it again. We had a retirement do on Friday afternoon for a much loved nurse who has worked in the unit for over 30 years!  Last night about 11 I was woken with raging temperature, headache and slightly sore throat.
This morning temperature continues high as does headache and complete loss of energy. I have gone from getting my strength back and doing a brilliant 20km TT home from work to barely having enough energy to walk to the toilet from the bedroom.
Test this morning negative but it is eerily reminiscent of what happened cycling across Germany.

« Reply #601 on: 02 August, 2022, 10:23:29 pm »
Sorry to hear that Chris. I did read somewhere that they think infection with latest variants only offers immunity for about a month.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #602 on: 02 August, 2022, 11:14:47 pm »
I have had three NHS Covid pings from my weekend activities.

Given that I was outdoors all the time (except when in my tent, or in the loo - solitary activities) I’m not as exorcised as I was when I was first pinged, all those years ago…
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #603 on: 03 August, 2022, 10:03:29 am »
Woke up feeling pretty rough on Monday morning; slightly dodgy gut much of Monday; hayfevery symptoms and shivery-feeling at work; tested strongly +ve Monday evening.  Early to bed but slept badly.

Did some structural surveys yesterday morning (no human contact) and, apart from sweating ludicrously, felt pretty okay.  Sense of taste and smell are still okay.  Even managed some light gardening yesterday evening (cutting back raspberry canes and pulling up errant brambles in our fruit patch).  All alone in the office today trying to concentrate on getting reports written...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #604 on: 03 August, 2022, 10:19:45 am »

Given that I was outdoors all the time (except when in my tent, or in the loo - solitary activities) I’m not as exorcised as I was when I was first pinged, all those years ago…
You seem to be in high spirits.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #605 on: 03 August, 2022, 10:21:32 am »
Some friends got covid while hiking the Wessex Ridgeway. They reckon they caught it on a bus or train from their West Midlands home down to Lyme Regis. It doesn't seem to have overly bothered them, in fact after wild-camping for a  with no washing, losing their sense of smell could even have been a benefit.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #606 on: 03 August, 2022, 10:27:27 am »

You seem to be in high spirits.

It was quite a weekend…
It is simpler than it looks.

ian

« Reply #607 on: 03 August, 2022, 12:15:50 pm »
I seem to have survived my series of prolonged exposures to the definitively covidious without developing anything, so I presume I'm still gushing with immunity.

« Reply #608 on: 03 August, 2022, 12:25:33 pm »
And despite feeling like death barely warmed over I am testing negative on 2 swabs so I suspect that this is just a virus which I have lost resistance to through lack of exposure for 2 years.

« Reply #609 on: 12 September, 2022, 04:51:21 pm »
Late to the party (???) as usual.
MrsC tested positive last Thursday, having had what she thought was a bad cold for the previous couple of days.
I followed suit on Saturday.
Neither of us is feeling that bad. I'm getting to the 'bored but I don't have the energy to do things' stage. She's about 48 hours ahead of me so is starting to get things sorted for our holiday in a couple of weeks.
Paracetamol is working, but I have lost my sense of smell and taste. It just went on Sunday evening. Most annoying. Just hope it comes back fairly soon.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #610 on: 21 September, 2022, 11:08:30 am »
I had my latest Covid booster jab last Sunday.   :thumbsup:  I would encourage folks to take it if offered.

I have my 'flu jab booked for Saturday.

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #611 on: 21 September, 2022, 03:27:59 pm »
I had an email inviting me to book a booster early yesterday.
Booked a booster for Saturday (D's away) online around 11.30am & received confirmation text.
2 hours later get SMS text inviting me to book a booster.

Joined up?
Not...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #612 on: 21 September, 2022, 03:30:53 pm »
I had my latest Covid booster jab last Sunday.   :thumbsup:  I would encourage folks to take it if offered.

I had mine yesterday.  It's a right bastard, and I've been shivering in bed apart form when I forced myself up to deal with the gas man.

I suppose that means it's working...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #613 on: 21 September, 2022, 03:32:01 pm »
Ooh poor Kim!
GWS!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #614 on: 21 September, 2022, 04:02:13 pm »

I had mine yesterday.  It's a right bastard, and I've been shivering in bed apart form when I forced myself up to deal with the gas man.

My sympathies...  Mr R didn't feel too wonderful after his,

As with the previous three Covid jabs, I have had absolutely no reaction at all - not even a sore spot on the injection site.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #615 on: 21 September, 2022, 04:04:53 pm »
I felt mildly rubbish for a day after the Pfizer booster last November.  No reaction to either of the initial AstraZenica doses.  This one (Moderna Bivalent) has been proper flu-y, though I'm clearly over the worst of it now as I can sit sweatily at the computer.

Flu jab next week.  Don't think I've ever had more than a sore arm from one of those.

« Reply #616 on: 21 September, 2022, 04:05:14 pm »
I had an email inviting me to book a booster early yesterday.
Booked a booster for Saturday (D's away) online around 11.30am & received confirmation text.
2 hours later get SMS text inviting me to book a booster.

Joined up?
Not...

No, surprsingly. I booked because I could, then 2 day later got an SMS inviting me to book. Maybe GDPR stops the sharing of linked names and NHS numbers, who knows. But better 2 invites than none.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #617 on: 21 September, 2022, 04:19:56 pm »
Hmmm…
I had immediate both SMS and email confirmation of my booster appointment.
You would imagine a system could send out simultaneous invites too…

But two invites is better than none!

« Reply #618 on: 21 September, 2022, 07:30:10 pm »
Booked in for October, covid and flu at same time.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #619 on: 22 September, 2022, 03:06:13 pm »

Feeling a lot better today, in that I'm just exhausted and sweaty, with a sore arm.

Also, we have hot water again.

« Reply #620 on: 22 September, 2022, 03:08:12 pm »
COVID tomorrow and Flu on Sat, hoping for the best
A

« Reply #621 on: 22 September, 2022, 03:37:41 pm »
I had mine yesterday.  It's a right bastard, and I've been shivering in bed
Hope you are feeling better Kim.
We get our covid vaccs on Monday, so I have a week of no commitments in case I react like last time....
Flu vaccs the week after

« Reply #622 on: 22 September, 2022, 07:07:18 pm »
I enquired about mine today and was told that I was not on the at risk list. Both the receptionist and and I thought that the government said that all 65 to 50 year olds would be offered the autumn jab . I wasn't offered a jab in the spring either 😕
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #623 on: 22 September, 2022, 07:22:08 pm »
I enquired about mine today and was told that I was not on the at risk list. Both the receptionist and and I thought that the government said that all 65 to 50 year olds would be offered the autumn jab . I wasn't offered a jab in the spring either 😕

Did you try and book throu the app anyway? At 65 I got mine.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #624 on: 22 September, 2022, 07:40:36 pm »
It is anyone over 50 or vulnerable.  The online booking is only over 65 at mo, my invite was direct from GP. You could also try the walk in centres for Covid.