Author Topic: Experiences of Teh Plague  (Read 87254 times)

Re: Experiences of Teh Plague
« Reply #625 on: 22 September, 2022, 08:12:25 pm »
I’ve got a flu jab booked for Monday, courtesy of my employer. The local Boots is more convenient than my GP surgery.

I’ve had 2 text messages from the GP asking me to come in for a Covid booster, so will sort that out next week.

GWS Kim.  My sister had her booster today, no ill effects reported.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #626 on: 22 September, 2022, 08:51:46 pm »
My wife too had her Spikevaccine today. No issues so far. I’ve flu jab Monday and Covid jab Friday.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #627 on: 22 September, 2022, 09:01:45 pm »
It is anyone over 50 or vulnerable.  The online booking is only over 65 at mo, my invite was direct from GP. You could also try the walk in centres for Covid.

My invite was from NHS not GP.
I am 64 and vulnerable.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #628 on: 22 September, 2022, 09:49:50 pm »
Now down to 'sore arm and a bit tired'.  My ability to regulate body temperature seems to have sorted itself out, so I've had a shower and feel *much* better.

Meanwhile, barakta managed to blag a flu jab while collecting her prescription earlier this afternoon.  She doesn't seem to be showing any side effects.

« Reply #629 on: 22 September, 2022, 10:04:10 pm »
It is anyone over 50 or vulnerable.  The online booking is only over 65 at mo, my invite was direct from GP. You could also try the walk in centres for Covid.

My invite was from NHS not GP.
I am 64 and vulnerable.

I meant over 65 if not vulnerable.  Been open to vulnerable from start I believe. NHS and GP invites done separately. Least they were last year. My local walk in centre is open to anyone over 18 already.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #630 on: 22 September, 2022, 10:54:38 pm »
Are they doing autumn boosters (ie. 4th dose) for walk-ins?  I thought they were just for people who haven't already had all of the original (usually three) doses.

I got my autumn booster on the basis of being on the carer list, which the GP added me to last year on account of barakta then needing round-the-clock care, and it generally being better for everyone if I could continue to do that unplagued by coronalurgi.  Given that when I turned up the jabbers to queers (TBAGO) queuers ratio was about 8:1, and they said turnout had been low, I don't think I was depriving anyone more important of a vaccine.  Indeed, I've suggested barakta turns up and tries the "I work with disabled students" angle, on the off-chance they give her some (obviously none of her many impairments or medical conditions tick the right boxes).

« Reply #631 on: 23 September, 2022, 08:40:53 am »
I really don't see anyone who turns up being turned away. My wife commented that the throughput was a lot faster this time around, with no compulsory supervised 15 minute sit-down afterwards.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #632 on: 23 September, 2022, 09:47:45 am »
Are they doing autumn boosters (ie. 4th dose) for walk-ins?  I thought they were just for people who haven't already had all of the original (usually three) doses.

It says anyone aged 18 or over but didn’t try it out as got invite from GP last weekend. Booked in for Oct as no Sept slots available. I’m in the over 50s group.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #633 on: 23 September, 2022, 01:20:43 pm »
Fourth? Usual three? This must be the last year in which anyone other than refuseniks will have any idea how many shots they've had. Which I suppose means next year we'll have to pay for them (and probably for other vaccines too).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #634 on: 23 September, 2022, 04:31:06 pm »
There was a walk-in at our local health centre a few days ago so we both walked in and got our booster's and were in and out in a few minutes.  Back for the flu jab tomorrow.

« Reply #635 on: 23 September, 2022, 04:36:49 pm »
Fourth? Usual three? This must be the last year in which anyone other than refuseniks will have any idea how many shots they've had. Which I suppose means next year we'll have to pay for them (and probably for other vaccines too).

I’m sure you can count beyond 3  :D

« Reply #636 on: 23 September, 2022, 06:28:15 pm »
And the doctor didn't phone  :(
the slower you go the more you see

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #637 on: 24 September, 2022, 03:01:00 pm »
Now down to 'sore arm and a bit tired'.  My ability to regulate body temperature seems to have sorted itself out, so I've had a shower and feel *much* better.

Slept for about 12 hours.  Again.  And I'm still knackered.  And my sodding arm still hurts (sorest arm from a vaccination ever[1]).  It's actually hot around the injection site, rather than just bruising.

[1] Now officially worse than the bastard typhoid one in 96.  Not including the BCG from 81, which I was too young to remember, but somehow created an exit wound, so must have been pretty dramatic.

« Reply #638 on: 24 September, 2022, 03:04:20 pm »
Had the Moderna Bivalent yesterday and flu today.

Arms sore but no other effects so far.

A

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #639 on: 25 September, 2022, 04:58:41 pm »
Had a booster, possibly Moderna yesterday.
Sore arm today. Otherwise fine, if a little fragile.

« Reply #640 on: 25 September, 2022, 06:40:09 pm »
My GP clinic is offering me a jab, but the only available dates seem to be Sunday mornings at an awkward location.   The NHS website says I’m not entitled, so I can’t book one there:

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #641 on: 25 September, 2022, 06:48:11 pm »
I had an email inviting me to book a booster early yesterday.
Booked a booster for Saturday (D's away) online around 11.30am & received confirmation text.
2 hours later get SMS text inviting me to book a booster.

Joined up?
Not...

No, surprsingly. I booked because I could, then 2 day later got an SMS inviting me to book. Maybe GDPR stops the sharing of linked names and NHS numbers, who knows. But better 2 invites than none.
Shouldn't, there's probably 6 Systems involved that don't speak to each other.

We've got 1 and stuff like that still happens...

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #642 on: 25 September, 2022, 07:26:28 pm »
D had a booster as a 'walk-in' when he took me for my boost yesterday.
No sign of it on the NHS app last night.

I hope it filters through the system in the next few days...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #643 on: 25 September, 2022, 08:49:29 pm »
D had a booster as a 'walk-in' when he took me for my boost yesterday.
No sign of it on the NHS app last night.

I hope it filters through the system in the next few days...

Mine is now showing as "Immunisation course to maintain protection against SARS-CoV-2"

« Reply #644 on: 26 September, 2022, 07:10:59 am »
I had a booster at a 'drive through' clinic on Saturday. Very slick. Booked it Friday afternoon - lots of availability.

I've felt shit ever since (but to be fair, there's other health issues going on too).

It appeared on the NHS app at about 7am today
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #645 on: 26 September, 2022, 05:01:20 pm »
I'll suggest D takes another look at his leisure…

He tells me a colleague at last week's Congress, with whom he sat as a refreshment break, has tested positive.

Did an LFT on him as he felt rough, last night. It was negative but technique was poor due to gagging.

Await events...

« Reply #646 on: 27 September, 2022, 08:35:52 am »
Flu vaccination yesterday.  I've got an aching arm & feel a bit cold & shivery. 

Covid booster is booked for Sunday morning, which seems to be the only available timeslot.

« Reply #647 on: 27 September, 2022, 12:22:34 pm »
I really don't see anyone who turns up being turned away. My wife commented that the throughput was a lot faster this time around, with no compulsory supervised 15 minute sit-down afterwards.

I think it came close with husband, who booked online (having ticked the immunosuppressed box as the one that most closely fitted). He got further questioned at the centre as to exactly what conditions he had whereby he argued that his conditions have an impact on his immune system and they should let him. He does have conditions that impact his immune system but he's not immunosuppressed; I think they just gave up arguing with him in the end but someone else may not have been so lucky. He says there was no queue so he doesn't feel he took the jab from someone more needy.

I'm not eligible even tenuously but I'd happily pay privately given how long I was wiped out in January. Got a private flu jab in Boots yesterday.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #648 on: 27 September, 2022, 12:27:53 pm »
My local surgery, having been forced to provide flu and covid jabs in the church last year (which they did very well) has gone into hiding, and I don't have the secret handshake/knock that would allow me to get anything from them. So covid booster booked at a pharmacy a couple of towns away, but no free flu jabs available.

« Reply #649 on: 27 September, 2022, 12:43:20 pm »
My 82yo dad just tested +ve.
I asked if he was gonna get the antibody treatment and my parents didn't have a clue, so I've sent some links and they will chase up.