Author Topic: Winter Solstice  (Read 1211 times)

Winter Solstice
« on: 26 October, 2021, 09:19:57 am »
With an expected rise in Covid cases during the winter, I have decided to postpone the Winter Solstice (that's the Audax event, not the astronomical phenomenon) until June 2022.  I would only have wanted to run this event with a fully supported HQ for the start and finish, and that looks likely to be subject to restrictions, and I was unwilling to go ahead under such uncertainties.  I was also wary about crowding the cafes along the way.

That's not to say I won't be riding on the 19th Dec.  I'll probably ride the See Dee 200 Perm that date (weather permitting) starting from Uppermill, and would welcome others to join me provided they can conform with any Covid restrictions that might seem relevant at the time.

The Summer Solstice 200 will now take place on 19th June 2022.

Re: Winter Solstice
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2023, 10:20:02 am »
Thank you to the team at HQ for putting on the event and looking after us at the start and finish.  It was a very different experience than the ice-fest of 2022!  Well done also to Fay who completed her first 200 - a tough day out for a first one - not too cold but a brisk headwind for the first half.