Author Topic: Pumping up an Exped Downmat  (Read 1460 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Pumping up an Exped Downmat
« on: 05 August, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »
Up to last week, I always found this to be a real chore: a bit like doing press-ups where you keep your knees on the ground but have to lift your entire body up so that both hands can descend on the built-in pump.

But then I discovered it's a lot easier to pump the mat up with just one hand! Support your body weight on your left hand and just use your right arm to do the rest. You can get in far more strokes per minute (ooerr missus) and the mat goes up more quickly and with far less effort.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Pumping up an Exped Downmat
« Reply #1 on: 07 August, 2011, 02:09:28 pm »
As with CPR, I find a good downmat pumping rhythm can be achieved by humming along to that popular beat combo The Beegees.

Incidentally, we tried and failed to find a barakta-friendly technique. Forearm and foot both fail to achieve a decent seal. (Her movable wrist doesn't abduct far enough to work the pump.)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 07 August, 2011, 08:29:02 pm »
I find getting a regular pumping action is much easier if you support your bodyweight.
Getting there...

« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2011, 08:17:56 am »
But then I discovered it's a lot easier to pump the mat up with just one hand! Support your body weight on your left hand and just use your right arm to do the rest. You can get in far more strokes per minute (ooerr missus) and the mat goes up more quickly and with far less effort.

My technique is the same one handed method usually while drinking a cuppa.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home