Author Topic: Sleeping mat required asap  (Read 1423 times)

Sleeping mat required asap
« on: 06 June, 2013, 06:18:51 pm »
As reported elsewhere one of our Exped Downmat 7's has 'baffled' me once again  :(  :(  :(

Much as I love the comfort and warmth of the Exped I need something reliable and that packs into a similar size.    Emergency-ish purchase for imminent tour so what does the cmaping massive recommend please?   

Re: Sleeping mat required asap
« Reply #1 on: 06 June, 2013, 07:59:33 pm »
I share your Exped-related pain. I was intrigued by this review of the Therm-a-rest Neo Air X-Therm. I'd love to try one of these out. It has absolutely rave reviews, but I wonder if it be durable enough?

« Reply #2 on: 06 June, 2013, 09:24:28 pm »
Nice recommendation.   :)

I've been looking at them and watching for negative info such as splitting baffles.   I'm thinking that perhaps they're made slightly better as I've seen no reports yet...

« Reply #3 on: 07 June, 2013, 01:04:31 am »
I've been using the original Neoair for about 4 years now with no problems. The current equivalent would be the Xlite.
Temperature limit would be somewhere in the 0 to 5 degrees area (for me).
Rumour would have it that the crossways baffles mean that you are more likely to find an arm or leg falling off the side of the mat than with the longways tubes of the Downmat. I believe this.
This is the 3/4 length (short) original Neoair. A full length Xtherm would be the same length but about 50% greater diameter.

DaleFTW

« Reply #4 on: 09 June, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »
CCF mats... They're the future...