Author Topic: 2 months free Petplan insurance - vouchers up for grabs  (Read 1762 times)

2 months free Petplan insurance - vouchers up for grabs
« on: 08 September, 2010, 03:39:16 pm »
Having just made a (successful) claim on my Petplan cat insurance, they've sent me two vouchers for 2 months free insurance for friends taking out new policies.

If you're looking for pet insurance and want to go with Petplan, let me know and I'll pop a voucher in the post. I get some Love2shop (whatever that is) vouchers too, if someone takes up the offer, but I'm more interested in someone getting a good deal on their insurance  :)

Offer valid until the end of the year. Shout if anyone wants them.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Re: 2 months free Petplan insurance - vouchers up for grabs
« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2010, 06:26:22 pm »
Heh, bought my insurance for Poppy yesterday! Mind you, I got one month free, so I'd have only saved another £20.32 if I'd waited a day...
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: 08 September, 2010, 09:23:21 pm »
 = 3 bottles of reasonable plonk and a bag of nuts. Never mind... 
;D

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 08 September, 2010, 09:43:34 pm »
Unfortunately Mr Josh is a middle-aged cat and therefore the premiums are uneconomically high at over £25/month for a cat that has no history of illness and doesn't go anywhere near roads.

When Petplan guarantee "cover for life" that doesn't mean cover for life at the same premium  :o
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4 on: 08 September, 2010, 09:48:44 pm »
Yes, but having dumped our old cover (because of healthy cats and rising premiums) and then been stung for death-by-cancer, I just look at it as a savings policy. What we spent on Milo in his last months is pretty much what we saved on two cats' insurance over two years. We were lucky it didn't run to more.

So I was pleased that our new kitten and older cat managed to catch all manner of sickness only after their new policies came into force. We're quids in on that one...  :thumbsup:

Martin

« Reply #5 on: 08 September, 2010, 09:54:19 pm »

When Petplan guarantee "cover for life" that doesn't mean cover for life at the same premium  :o

whilst not exactly being a scam; pet insurance is more a means of ensuring that if you beloved pet has an illness or accident that costs £thousands you will be able to cover it rather than a more distressing alternative  :(

generally they operate like an endowment; you pay in from when you get the cat at a reasonable rate; after several years you may end up claiming but often you get back less than you have paid in real terms by the time you take the excess into account. Generally they will not take older cats on as "new business" or will charge a hefty premium.

we stopped insuring our 8 year old cat when the premiums got silly. He lived to 15; the last 3 of which were on expensive but not extortionate medication (£25-30 a month) and vets bills for the usual renal failure; I never did the maths to see whether we would have been better off keeping the premiums paid up...

he did us the final dignity of croaking before we even had time to get him to the vet and is now commemorated by a nice shrub in the garden