Author Topic: School Run - I like this picture  (Read 8173 times)

School Run - I like this picture
« on: 13 October, 2016, 09:16:02 pm »
My daughter has just turned 7. We do the school run on my Surly Big
Dummy. If we hadn't have to go and partake in academia we would be in Russia, nearly the Black Sea, the Med, Scandinavia, Greenland, Africa...

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: School Run - I like this picture
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2016, 09:25:54 pm »
Nice pics!

Perhaps, with those front lights pointing heaven-ward, your prayers may be answered :-)

« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2016, 09:31:34 pm »
Neat!
I think my mileage this year is much the same, although without having two passengers on the back!

Perhaps you could add the flags of the relevant countries onto your bunting, once you've 'reached' them?

« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2016, 09:34:29 pm »
Nice pics!

Perhaps, with those front lights pointing heaven-ward, your prayers may be answered :-)

Modified and sorted now. Air hose needed to stop them bouncing off angle. Loads of car drivers fitting all over the show for months till I realised...

« Reply #4 on: 13 October, 2016, 09:36:01 pm »
Whoops!

Got a bit carried away clicking to see what my circle would look like in different parts of the map!

« Reply #5 on: 13 October, 2016, 09:39:21 pm »
Neat!
I think my mileage this year is much the same, although without having two passengers on the back!

Perhaps you could add the flags of the relevant countries onto your bunting, once you've 'reached' them?

Great idea. Used to collect bubble gum flag cards in the 80s. I tour with the kids too and our bikes wear our birth flags. African one for me. Gloucestershire for oldest daughter and Somerset one for the youngest.

The mouse is a hanger on. Name's Cheesy. Loves the NL and France.

School Run - I like this picture
« Reply #6 on: 13 October, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »
Whoops!

Got a bit carried away clicking to see what my circle would look like in different parts of the map!

Wow! Where do you buy your cider on a Thursday night?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7 on: 14 October, 2016, 12:55:18 pm »
I'd head for the Black Sea. Up the Rhine and down the Danube, wheels in the footsteps of Patrick Leigh-Fermor. I've dreamed of something like that ever since reading his book. Maybe next year... Though if it's cheese you're after, England's one of the best places to be, I reckon.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #8 on: 14 October, 2016, 12:55:49 pm »
Whoops!

[/quote
I'd never noticed before that Greenland looks like a footprint.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #9 on: 15 October, 2016, 09:09:36 am »
I'd head for the Black Sea. Up the Rhine and down the Danube, wheels in the footsteps of Patrick Leigh-Fermor. I've dreamed of something like that ever since reading his book. Maybe next year... Though if it's cheese you're after, England's one of the best places to be, I reckon.

Butbutbut, we import two-thirds of our cheese IT'S A DISGRACE!!1!
</Liz_Truss>
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime