Author Topic: The path to regaining fitness  (Read 680 times)

The path to regaining fitness
« on: 20 March, 2024, 05:57:34 pm »
Having been advised by surgeons not to resume running or cycling for a month (5 days in), im resigned to the fact that my cycling specific fitness will deteriorate somewhat. However, im optimistic that ill regain a modicum of fitness as im currently free of lower abdominal pain that i endured for a decade. Lighter evenings and warmer weather will assist my comeback.
As im a bit old school i intend to just ride as i feel RPE. i imagine it will be, in modern parlance zone 2.
The drivetrains on my bikes are squeaky clean, tyres free from any embedded foreign objects.
I will volunteer at a local audax and put something back.

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
Re: The path to regaining fitness
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2024, 08:59:01 pm »
I had to have time off all my activities when I had my breast cancer treatment. No cycling, no kayaking, no swimming etc. from having surgery until I recovered from my radiotherapy. It was about 4 months in total. When I asked what I was allowed to do, it was suggested I could do a brisk walk up to 5km per day, so that's what I did. It was something of a struggle to get back to normal after that, but it comes back eventually. It would have been much worse if I hadn't kept moving!
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…