Author Topic: Combining .img maps  (Read 1272 times)

inc

Combining .img maps
« on: 04 July, 2009, 11:19:16 pm »
I have a 60csx and it looks like this gps will only accept one gmapsupp.img file, I have a map of England and Wales and another map of France both in .img format complied from OSM data. I would like to make a composite map of the two can this be done simply. I think the combined map would come under the  2000 odd tile and 4GB limit.

inc

Re: Combining .img maps
« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2009, 01:43:01 pm »
Thanks for the link, I have used mkgmap for osm maps but not to combine two .img files. It seems to create a single gmapsupp.img OK but when I try to open it in Glandkarte it just crashes Glandkarte.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #2 on: 05 July, 2009, 06:47:36 pm »
Use Sendmap.

Drop both IMGs into the file list and it will make a single GMAPSUPP.IMG combining them.  I use it to combine the various UK tiles and the SMC contour tiles.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

inc

« Reply #3 on: 05 July, 2009, 09:37:13 pm »
Use Sendmap.

I have tried several times to get the Linux version to work , without luck.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 07 July, 2009, 04:33:19 pm »
Ah, I can't help there, I'm a Windozer.  It ought to be straightforward though...
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »
I've just successfully used gmt (GMapTool) on my Mac to combine to large gmapsupp.img files (both about 2Gb) into one 4Gb file and have stuck this on an 8gb SD card. My Etrex Vista is reading it OK. It's the whole of Europe.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.