Author Topic: Any bets on European touring this year?  (Read 4660 times)

Re: Any bets on European touring this year?
« Reply #25 on: 11 February, 2022, 10:58:21 pm »
The news today from France is encouraging - the "within 48 hours test" is being dropped shortly - just need to be triple-jabbed  :thumbsup:

I think it's within 24 hours, which makes it more expensive... either way, great news!

I think the OP will be fine this coming summer. Pretty sure restrictions will be a thing of the past by then, including tests and the need to self isolate.

To put things in perspective from a french social pov, our tests are all already "pris en charge" which means free to us autochtones, so to the rulemakerscost would probably have not even considered cost.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #26 on: 11 February, 2022, 11:02:57 pm »

In an act of purist optimism I have booked a hotel for a spring training camp in Luxembourg at Easter. Given I'll be alone either on the bike or in the hotel except when eating. I'm hoping it's pretty low risk. I'm also hoping numbers improve between now an then.

But I made sure the hotel can be cancelled for free...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Notfromrugby

« Reply #27 on: 12 February, 2022, 07:30:22 am »
The news today from France is encouraging - the "within 48 hours test" is being dropped shortly - just need to be triple-jabbed  :thumbsup:

I think it's within 24 hours, which makes it more expensive... either way, great news!

I think the OP will be fine this coming summer. Pretty sure restrictions will be a thing of the past by then, including tests and the need to self isolate.

To put things in perspective from a french social pov, our tests are all already "pris en charge" which means free to us autochtones, so to the rulemakerscost would probably have not even considered cost.

Does that include a PCR test where the result needs to be provided in less than 24 hours with a QR code, or is it just for normal PRC tests? The latter are free in the UK too, but you don't get a QR code to scan and the result might arrive 3 days later

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #28 on: 13 February, 2022, 07:21:56 pm »
I still havent decided, part of me fancies a Dutch/Belgian jaunt, but part of me thinks it'll be a PITA so sitck with either King Aflred's way or something like either Coast to Coast or the area around Kielder and the borders
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #29 on: 27 February, 2022, 03:39:29 pm »
Well, decided to go for it. Booked ferries and first few nights abroad, so barring nuclear war, it's on  :o
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #30 on: 27 February, 2022, 09:37:52 pm »

Does that include a PCR test where the result needs to be provided in less than 24 hours with a QR code, or is it just for normal PRC tests? The latter are free in the UK too, but you don't get a QR code to scan and the result might arrive 3 days later

The only test I have had done was a PCR for coming to UK last august and the result came out same day. I have just checked (I still have the mail for the result) and for a test where we entered at 9am I had the result 1518 (3.18 pm). I think they might even be a bit quicker than that. A QR code would be normal for France, that's how you add the certificates to the TousAntiCovid app that most use for their Pass Santé (vaccinations and test results). At least it's how the vaccinations are added, says he, not  remembering at all how the test result got added, but I used a paper version for the frontier control and the result is still in the app so it must have been.
My experience with getting the day 2 test done in UK was quite a shock after the french experience, waited for ever for the result!

« Reply #31 on: 05 March, 2022, 02:54:39 pm »
Covid aside, how do you go about dealing with this requirement to enter France if you intend to go on a touring holiday when you don't know where exactly you will be going and where you'll be staying?

from : https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/your-arrival-in-france

Proof of accommodation covering the whole duration of the stay (hotel reservation and/or certificate of staying with a relative validated in the town hall)

Interesting. I was wondering about all that sort of stuff, as I've always rocked up off the ferry (in whatever EU country I've felt like) with no return booked as I don't know for sure when I'll be going home and which country I'll be leaving from.

I'm kinda hoping waving one's smart phone at an official, with banking app open showing a healthy balance would be sufficient?

Of course, they may not be that arsed, but I guess gone are the days of rolling off the ferry and being waved on through/ignored by officials are over....

Last 3 trips to Germany for work, I've had to show proof of vaccination, accommodation, funds and insurance plus return tickets.

« Reply #32 on: 17 April, 2022, 07:59:41 am »
The ETIAS requirements will become a planning consideration, although not until the end of 2022 at the earliest, according to current timescales.

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/smart-borders/european-travel-information-authorisation-system_en

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #33 on: 17 April, 2022, 11:03:32 am »
I'm paying the balance on a Brittany Ferries booking this coming week - 11 riders for about 10 days in Loire-Atlantique area - hotels all booked.