Linked Events

• Not-The-Jubilee camping weekend?: 02 June, 2022 - 05 June, 2022

Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Rutland Not-The-Jubilee camping weekend? 2-5 June 2022  (Read 10833 times)

I'm staying 3 nights not 2 pb 🙂
the slower you go the more you see

I'm staying 3 nights not 2 pb 🙂

Okey dokey.  It won't be a problem. 

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Excellent! This is shaping up nicely.

Is anyone sufficiently well-organised to have an ETA yet?

I've been gathering camping gear together this morning, and I think I'm going to aim for a 2pm departure from Wower's Towers. Allowing for one loo/coffee/charging stop, I should be there around 5pm, assuming no hold-ups.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Sent another booking request this morning and still no reply. I think they don't like me. I still coming through  ;) and I checked my spam folder and found nothing but spam in it  ::-)

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
I'll be there between 4:30 and 5 I reckon.

My eta is Thursday sometime if that helps  ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I expect to arrive at some point on Friday evening, mostly depending on how much faffing I do before I leave.

late afternoon for me.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

We'll be there sometime on Thursday afternoon.  The combined unpredictability of trains and taxis will determine our arrival.

Polar bear has kindly got me booked in at wing hall. Many thanks pb :)

Ted the car has gone for a lie down at the garage so I'm going to be in a hire van. I'm picking the van up tomorrow morning then I'll need to load it. Clarion probably isn't well enough but we'll see how he feels tomorrow. Nye and I should be there tomorrow evening, anyway.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Sadly I won't be joining you for the weekend.  I can't let my sister do all the weeding in our parents garden by herself....    my knee is twinging as well. 

I'm booked in for York so am looking forward to seeing you all there.

Have a lovely time.  :-*
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Barclays Bank did their absolute worst and nearly scuppered my long weekend by leaving a vulnerable person for whom I am a Deputy without access to money.  Thoughtless, incompetent Barclays bankers ...

Anyway, it turns out that it's only the Delegated Authority team who are complete bastards and a lengthy visit to the local branch and an incredibly helpful and very competent and capable member of staff saved the day.

Dear Chairman of Barclays,

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

We're in that "find the gear" zone.  The latest being camping towels which mysteriously relocated to a non-camping teetering pile of crap.

Unfortunately they found their way into one of my teetering piles of crap so it's my fault.  🤔😂

We're out of practice with the get stuff ready to to go away. Looking forward to a relaxing few days to get over the stress. Looking forward to someone bringing the good company ;D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Unfortunately they found their way into one of my teetering piles of crap so it's my fault.  🤔😂

Good heavens PB.  When are you going to learn that it is always your fault?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Lovely weather for it. Have a great weekend everyone.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
All packed, first proper camping trip with new solo tent. Just a leisurely 20 mile ride for me.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
The car is charged. I now have to fill it with gear and set off. But first, lunch.

Long wait at Nuneaton...

Arrived at wing hall 🙂.
I  left slough 0300 yesterday morning and passed through Chesham by 0530 and Cosgrove by 1230. Through Northampton and onto the Bampton cycleway by 1600. Found a bivvy spot a mile outside m Harborough. Got up at 0530 this morning and pottered into m Harborough. Had breakfast before setting the GPS which took me along some lovely quiet lanes to Uppingham. I some supplies in the còop and an now trying to work out where the pitch is as there isn't a number to be found  ::-)

We have landed.  We seem to have been allocated the hedge by the drive in the front camping field.  The place is very busy so perhaps not the idyllic "get away" weekend some were hoping for.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Idyllic would have required a lot more forward planning than this.  I'll settle for decent weather.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
Charging at Peterborough and carboloading.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
Tent up. Throng assembled.