Author Topic: PBP 2007 DVD  (Read 4448 times)

Maladict

PBP 2007 DVD
« on: 28 August, 2008, 12:35:39 am »
Finally watched this last night.  It's pretty good.  Fortunately, I don't feature.

It was nice to look back after a year and remind myself about the conditions and the camaraderie and all that.  Looking at people worried about control times reminded me about being worried about time most of the time.  I looked at my Brevet Card and most of the control times I was significantly behind the people they were following.  I did have a double take when I saw that I was pretty close on some of the control times, but then I remembered I hadn't started til 22h10 which adds a bit of a buffer on top of the times you see.

I hope the weather is better in 2011.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: PBP DVD
« Reply #1 on: 28 August, 2008, 09:23:15 am »
Mine's still in the shrink wrap.

My therapist says that if I keep on making progress, I may be up to watching it next year.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Jes

« Reply #2 on: 28 August, 2008, 11:01:43 am »
I've watched it twice and on both occasions been reduced to a blubbering wreck watching the guy who, with 15kms to go (on his fifth ride) was sobbing at the side of the road and being cared for and encouraged like a child by a spectator. He eventually walked and rode to the finish and made it. I still can't come to terms with actually having ridden it myself - it seems surreal.

« Reply #3 on: 28 August, 2008, 12:19:28 pm »
I take it this is not the one that got sent to us sometime in September last year as part of our riders pack with our Brevet card (and I guess medals for those that completed)?

If so, I don't remember that sequence, although Hummers appears twice.

Maladict

« Reply #4 on: 28 August, 2008, 02:44:26 pm »
It was sent much more recently than that - February this year or so - along with the Brevet Card etc.  ACP weren't quite that quick at producing a DVD, doing the results, etc.

It does indeed have the guy being encouraged by the roadside and having to walk up the hills because of his tendonitis.  It made me think that I had it pretty easy really, just with a bit of knee pain and a ruined arse.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #5 on: 28 August, 2008, 04:22:06 pm »
It made me think that I had it pretty easy really, just with a bit of knee pain and a ruined arse.

At least one of those will haunt you for the rest of your life.

/darkly
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 28 August, 2008, 04:47:19 pm »
...and a ruined arse.

To show me what a state it was in after PBP, Liz took a photo of my arse back at Camp Cameltoe.

When I returned to work the following week, my (then) boss asked me whether I had any photos of my Great Adventure.  Fortunately, I had my portable hard drive handy.

You can see this one coming, can't you?

:-[
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #7 on: 28 August, 2008, 04:50:04 pm »
Fortunately, I had my portable hard drive handy.

You can see this one coming, can't you?

:-[

:D ;)
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #8 on: 28 August, 2008, 05:19:26 pm »
I take it this is not the one that got sent to us sometime in September last year as part of our riders pack with our Brevet card (and I guess medals for those that completed)?

If so, I don't remember that sequence, although Hummers appears twice.

Never got mine, nor my finisher's medal. The brevet card arrived in the post without even the envelope it had presumably been sent in. Mick the postman asked around the sorting office but no joy.
The old Legion hand told the recruit, "When things are bad, bleu, try not to make them worse, because it is very likely that they are bad enough already." -- Robert Ruark

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #9 on: 28 August, 2008, 05:22:36 pm »
It may be worthwhile making some enquiries to the ACP, possibly via AUK.  The Americans did so when this sort of thing happened to them.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #10 on: 28 August, 2008, 06:40:43 pm »
Didn't something like this happen to Tuggo too?

His envelope was torn and the medal missing.  :(

H

« Reply #11 on: 28 August, 2008, 06:48:51 pm »
I didn't get anything, it even was unclear who took it from Paris (all I asked didn't). So eventually the ACP sent me a new one. The only thing missing though was my original brevet card :(.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #12 on: 28 August, 2008, 06:53:34 pm »
I enjoyed the PBP 'official' DVD and Damon's DVD.

My poor family have had to sit through both.

H

« Reply #13 on: 28 August, 2008, 09:54:44 pm »
I've watched it twice and on both occasions been reduced to a blubbering wreck watching the guy who, with 15kms to go (on his fifth ride) was sobbing at the side of the road and being cared for and encouraged like a child by a spectator. He eventually walked and rode to the finish and made it. I still can't come to terms with actually having ridden it myself - it seems surreal.

Very moving.
#makewattsnotwar