Author Topic: Tour de Yorkshire 2017  (Read 2872 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Tour de Yorkshire 2017
« on: 28 April, 2017, 03:29:28 pm »
Live on ITV4, brilliant crowd turn out. I'll be seeing them live, when the pass on Sunday.

Hope the helicopter/plane will work tomorrow for the women's race and not do what they did last year - no live TV feed.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Re: Tour de Yorkshire 2017
« Reply #1 on: 28 April, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »
Just been on Garrowby Hill to watch.   Lots of people and a great atmosphere. Will watch the highlights later .

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2 on: 28 April, 2017, 05:11:33 pm »
Saw little Tomas V so all is good when it comes to cycling. The little handshake at a few miles to go so that was nice to see. Sadly a big crash as the sprint got started.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3 on: 28 April, 2017, 07:20:57 pm »
Wha-hey!  'tis TV's N Boulting and Super D Millar!  Sumer is acumen in!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rob

« Reply #4 on: 28 April, 2017, 10:11:16 pm »
Exactly a week ago we were in Burniston, about 5 miles outside Scarborough where they went through on the run in to the finish.

Today, of course, I was in the office in London.   Joy.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #5 on: 29 April, 2017, 10:19:56 am »
Well so much for a bike ride today, ITV4 got the women's race on live and this year the tv feed is working \o/

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6 on: 29 April, 2017, 01:06:55 pm »

With 15km to go she took off and added 20+ sec to the lead, chasers just blew up, beautiful, brilliant bit of cycling.

Now I got about an hour to rest, the women's races always gets me right onto the edge of the seat,  before the men's race

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #7 on: 29 April, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »
Nice, good clean bit if sprinting there.

Tomorrow I'll see then live and then sprint home to see them finish.

So nice to have a spot of top cycling on ones doorstep.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #8 on: 30 April, 2017, 03:34:08 pm »
Please don't go to Yorkshire, it's full (judging by the crowds. Simply awesome.)
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #9 on: 30 April, 2017, 06:19:12 pm »
My, but that was good.  If you didn't watch the live coverage _do_ watch the highlights.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

David Martin

« Reply #10 on: 30 April, 2017, 06:30:07 pm »
Epic finish, well planned and played for. There will be words in some team busses tonight.

« Reply #11 on: 30 April, 2017, 06:36:07 pm »
The sportive was excellent. Watching them fly by at 25km was fun! Great finish on iPhone ITV hub

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #12 on: 30 April, 2017, 08:09:34 pm »
What a great day. We raced the tour and won !!!! Went over to Bolton Abbey to see them there and then raced back to Skiptonia and got there before them with at least 10 min to spare :)

More pictures to shake a stick at here - http://www.woollypigs.com/2017/04/racing-tour-de-yorkshire/

« Reply #13 on: 30 April, 2017, 08:17:41 pm »
Glad I caught the highlights. Great crowds, and by 'eck, sum of them roads looked reet steep. Problem is I nipped out for a wee and when I came back into the living room Bouhanni was laying on the deck (in Yorkshire, not in my lounge). What happened to him?
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #14 on: 30 April, 2017, 08:23:30 pm »
Not sure what happened. According to twitter he woke up before the ambulance. According to the commentators he was on his way to the hospital.

I must say that TdY has become a spring classic for me. Not just the men's race for three days but also the fantastic women's race yesterday. Totally glued to the screen and in awe of the turn out of the supporters. And being able to ride out to see one stage and enjoy the atmosphere, just utter brilliance!!!

David Martin

« Reply #15 on: 30 April, 2017, 11:39:43 pm »
It looked like a cracking day out. And former Dundee Thistle rider Bexks Durrell managed a creditable 21st - in the first few of the second big group on the road at 7.45 down on Lizzie.

Bouhanni looked like he had taken quite a bang - not pleasant to see at all (but at least the reset of him was in the right shape and not obviously leaking).

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #16 on: 01 May, 2017, 08:20:59 am »
The whole race has been brilliant. I hope it stays at a bank holiday weekend, I suspect that has had influence on the number of spectators. Even my dad, he of zero interest in any sports, is hooked on watching it.

Yesterday's stage looked tough, very tough. Apparently there was about 20 climbs, only 8 categorised. You know it is tough when you have experienced pros blowing up and falling all the way out of the back of the pack. I have only seen one other finish timed so well, in recent times, and that was the time Sky delivered Cav to the line on the Champs Elysse on the TdF.

Keep it up, ASO and Welcome to Yorkshire!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #17 on: 01 May, 2017, 08:48:59 am »
Just watched the highlights of the women's race - how brilliant was that! You have to love seeing other women suffer. They suffer harder and longer than you'd believe and it makes me want to get out there for some suffering too!
Milk please, no sugar.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #18 on: 01 May, 2017, 08:50:12 am »
How on earth do you petrify a Yorkshire pudding   ???
Milk please, no sugar.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #19 on: 01 May, 2017, 08:52:56 am »
And is it my telly making the feed all dodgy or was it issues from the race end?
Milk please, no sugar.