Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1626084 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #6350 on: 12 May, 2015, 06:55:39 pm »
If you're going to cancel a project, it would be much better to do it in advance.  >:(
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #6351 on: 12 May, 2015, 09:04:14 pm »
Next door's fence fell into our garden a fortnight ago. I've been trying on and off to get a hand shifting it as it's heavy (fence post still on one end of panel and there's a fairly big step down from our garden to their's).

So after the chap didn't come round after his dinner for a second time in a row I went and knocked.

Bunch of screaming agro off the lady of the house over the matter. Apparently I'm in the wrong!! How very dare I knock at the exceedingly late hour of half eight!!!! Even though the chap had said he'd knock after his tea at half six. I know they've got young kids but I've given them plenty of chances - I shouldn't even be the one chasing the matter as it's their bloody fence panel. And he's been working nights so it's not their fault he's been too tired.

Still, it's shifted now. She decided she'd do it herself and no she didn't bloody need my help. And then nearly dropped it twice picking it up (in bare feet no less - definitely smart for heavy lifting). What I should have done was let her carry on till she asked for help but I carried one end - I just can't see someone struggling and not help out.

Horrible horrible neighbours. If I didn't hate moving so very much I'd be tempted to get gone. Of course I guess now there's no reason not to go straight to the letting agent over problems (once we work out which one it is) as I can't see things being cordial any longer.

Rude rude rude and I'm all het up. I hate confrontation.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #6352 on: 12 May, 2015, 09:48:54 pm »
I'm still tense. I keep thinking of all the replies I should have made and what I should have said instead  :facepalm:

As if any combination of logic and/or volume would have worked.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6353 on: 12 May, 2015, 10:05:39 pm »
Something non-verbal but involving a can of petrol, a box of matches and the Lighthouse Family?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #6354 on: 12 May, 2015, 10:13:24 pm »
Very tempting.

I like how I'm worse than Hitler for knocking on their door at that time of evening but it's fine for her to wake us up cursing at the kids at 5am. I'm sure I've recounted that tale before of her calling the middle child a dirty fucking animal for wetting the bed!

Which is another point I should have made.

« Reply #6355 on: 12 May, 2015, 11:04:03 pm »
it's fine for her to wake us up cursing at the kids at 5am.

I don't think we were ever woken by it, and it wasn't at 5am, but in a previous existence I used to find The Specials, Too Much Too Young very therapeutic. *Some* volume, and I *always* felt better by the time they got to "Ain't you heard of contraception?"

ian

« Reply #6356 on: 13 May, 2015, 09:05:35 am »
Bank security doodad. Wherefore art thou? I paid a bill before I went away and I know it was right here on my desk. Today? Vamoosed. Nowhere to be found. I even sorted through the pile of paperwork that had mostly given up seeking my attention. Not in there. This means that I've probably absent-mindedly put it somewhere 'safe'. FFS. I hate it when I do that. I should check in the fridge.

« Reply #6357 on: 13 May, 2015, 10:38:42 am »
Blinking flip, Tossco! Every other time I set up a delivery your bloke is banging on the door 10 minutes early. On my day off, today, here I am well into the slot itching to get out on me bike. Hurry up!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

ian

« Reply #6358 on: 13 May, 2015, 03:46:24 pm »
Oh god, it was in the fridge. This is weird. I put the keys in there quite often too. It's a go-to place for my brain when I switch to auto-pilot. It's been pointed out to me that the only bloody thing I don't put in the fridge is the milk.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #6359 on: 13 May, 2015, 05:33:45 pm »
If you have bloody milk then putting it in the fridge is indeed a bad idea. Down the drain might be a better option.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #6360 on: 13 May, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »
With its high nitrogen content, the compost bin would be much better.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #6361 on: 13 May, 2015, 08:57:18 pm »
Whilst neighbours are the in-topic: next-door, you've been in all day and it has been a very pleasant one too weatherwise. Why then, do you leave it until nigh on 9pm to cut your lawn with a noisy electric mower. Fuck off and move!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6362 on: 13 May, 2015, 09:05:06 pm »
Agent Orange FTW...

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #6363 on: 13 May, 2015, 09:10:49 pm »
Nah, either a flamethrower or a scythe.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6364 on: 16 May, 2015, 02:21:12 pm »
Just for a change the Overground from the London Borough of Here Be Dragons to Highbury & Islington is working normally today while my end of the Victoria Line is not.  Replacement bus to Seven Sisters.  Arse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6365 on: 16 May, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »
My ankle hurts.  This is because it objected to me kicking in a Silly Sustrans Gate™ while wearing cycling shoes on Wednesday.  It also objected to me riding an audax today.  And now the knee has come out in sympathy.

Hayfever can sod off too.  Especially when delivered by means of a headwind.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6366 on: 23 May, 2015, 06:48:59 pm »
I haz teh cold. I seem to be going through a 'membranes feel totally dried out yet sense of smell heightened' phase.
Someone on the street has fired up a Barbie (god knows why, it's minging out there).
Smells like everything in Pingu towers is made of BBQ smoke and it's eating through my upper palate with a wire brush. Nice.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6367 on: 24 May, 2015, 07:04:25 pm »
I haz teh cold. I seem to be going through a 'membranes feel totally dried out yet sense of smell heightened' phase.

I bet tomato ketchup currently smells disgusting, doesn't it?

This seems to be a reliable indicator of low-level lurgy for me:  If I'm feeling a bit under the weather, and fail the ketchup test, it's probably going to get worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6368 on: 24 May, 2015, 07:26:16 pm »
The only thing I have tomato ketchup on is cheese on toast, not had any of that recently. Today's sandwich smelled quite strong though, like i'd stuck the filling up my nostrils.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #6369 on: 24 May, 2015, 08:35:19 pm »
Mrs Cudzo was walking to work the other day when a seagull shat on her. Or at her. It missed her but hit her bag. "That's for good luck," I told her. And so today a bird pooed on my shoulder! Not a seagull, thankfully — i didn't see the avian defecator, but I don't think seagulls have taken to perching in trees.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6370 on: 24 May, 2015, 08:59:09 pm »
I got shat on by some unseen avian on the last Tamworth audax.  Luckily it hit bare skin on my arm, which was easily washed (see threads passim about why it's always good to carry some plain water).

Interestingly, that's the third time in my life that I've been pooed on by a bird.  It's always hit my right arm.   ???

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #6371 on: 24 May, 2015, 09:10:19 pm »
It was my right shoulder... but my wife's bag was on her left.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6372 on: 24 May, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »
Our vice-principal at school, a dignified gent of severe mien who looked rather like the actor Mark Strong, was fond of teaching by an open side-hung window with an elbow leaning on top of the fixed lower pane.  One day he was rabbiting on about the Test Act when a bird, which must have been large, dropped a heroic splat on the far side of the open pane, right by his eye. Exit dignity.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #6373 on: 25 May, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »
Some oik-scrote nicked my rear light while I was in Aldi this morning.  Git!  Just vandalism really, as they just pulled off the cover battery unit  bit.
My fault I spose.  I'm getting lax and don't bother with London standard security in Brum.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #6374 on: 26 May, 2015, 08:38:10 pm »
There was a problem that I've been wanting to solve all of last week but was told to ignore. That problem blew up today, making our firm and myself look unprepared. Running around like a mad thing for most of today and staying on site until after 19:00 means some of the problem gets fixed but I'm not going to get home till close to midnight with an extra-special bus substitution.

I really wanted something easier to deal with today.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...