Poll

Help me decide

Yes
No
You can have mine, I'm sick of the furry bastard

Author Topic: The Chronicles of Pete  (Read 72420 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: The Chronicles of Pete
« Reply #425 on: 22 September, 2016, 11:52:19 am »
Claire just rang from the vet. He continued to refuse food - he was lipsmacking and drooling when they gave him food but then wouldn't eat it, so she gave his mouth a good check over and he has some discolouration on his tongue but they're not sure what it is. Bloods aren't back from the lab yet. They gave him another anti-emetic with an appetite stimulant in it, and 20 minutes after that he was at the front of his cage waiting for food and gobbled everything they gave him. If he keeps it down and continues to eat and not vomit, I might be able to bring him home tonight. If he keeps vomiting, stops eating, or the blood results show something bad, he'll have to stay another night. He seems quite bright in himself and is enjoying lots of cheek tickles and they all seem to have fallen in love with him.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #426 on: 22 September, 2016, 05:22:41 pm »
Good news. He's continued to eat, and although the blood results aren't back yet, they're happy for me to take him home tonight. I'm going to collect him in about an hour, so there is a chance the bloods might be back by then, but if not they'll phone me tomorrow.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #427 on: 22 September, 2016, 05:33:58 pm »
:)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #428 on: 22 September, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »
We'll need a photo when he's home. Preferably of you tickling his fluffy tummy  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #429 on: 22 September, 2016, 05:47:35 pm »
Come on young Pete. Your fans need you.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #430 on: 22 September, 2016, 07:46:52 pm »
Most of his bloods are back, and they indicate he might have a bit of pancreatitis, but the pancreas-specific test isn't back, so they'll ring me about that tomorrow. He was very pleased to see me, and the vet and the vet nurse both said he's had lots of attention while he was in, lots of cheek tickles and today he's been giving out headbumps. They're a bit worried about his tongue which has some discolouration down one side, and he's dropping food out of that side too. When I got him home, he went straight to his dish, which wasn't there, then he went to his litter tray and did a huge pee. I put some of the sensitive tummy food down for him that they'd given me, and he sniffed and licked his lips but didn't eat it, so I put a teaspoon of tuna in with it. He nibbled it a bit, but he's still dropping it out of his mouth, and he lost interest pretty quickly. Then he went to lie on my bed for a bit, then came and sat by his dish again, and now he's sulking somewhere - every time I try to stroke his head he walks off, so I'm leaving him to it for now. He's still a long way from fully better, but it's nice to have him home.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #431 on: 23 September, 2016, 10:51:23 am »
He cuddled up next to me on the bed last night, but a couple of times he got quite lively and was trotting round the flat. I got up at 6ish to make sure he was ok, and he'd cleared his dish, so I put some more out for him and he gobbled it. I went back to bed, and was awakened by what sounded like Pete having some sort of seizure under the bed.

As he'd been so uninterested in food I'd let my guard down and left some pouches on the worktop. The naughty cat had snaffled one and was ripping into it under  the bed. I think he's feeling better.

« Reply #432 on: 23 September, 2016, 11:16:40 am »
 :thumbsup:  Sounds like good news.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #433 on: 23 September, 2016, 01:58:41 pm »
Blood results confirm no pancreatitis! And I found two more stashed pouches...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #434 on: 23 September, 2016, 03:56:46 pm »
Haha :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #435 on: 23 September, 2016, 04:02:54 pm »
When I say found, one of them I only "found" because he walked past me with it in his mouth.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #436 on: 24 September, 2016, 06:52:49 pm »
He's been very cuddly since yesterday, but also seems to have found his manners while he was an inpatient. This morning he patted my arm without using claws! He's been keen to help me plant herbs today, and definitely has his appetite back, and even did a little bit of scampering.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #437 on: 29 September, 2016, 04:19:31 pm »
I popped into the infidel butcher the other day to see if he could get me some chicken necks for His Nibs. He couldn't, but suggested I try the halal butcher down the road. I called in there today and he couldn't give me necks, but did give me a massive back of chicken off-cuts, and didn't charge me. I just weighed it, and it's 1.96kg! I've portioned it out into freezer bags and it's mainly skin with fat and muscle attached, but also several bones with meat on including some wing tips and other parts. I've put most of it into the freezer, and took 800g upstairs for Momo the new ginger and white boy. Pete came with me. He hadn't met Momo before and did some cautious sniffing, Momo hissed at him and backed away, and Pete wandered off into their kitchen looking for food!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #438 on: 22 October, 2016, 08:31:01 pm »

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #439 on: 22 October, 2016, 08:38:47 pm »
Pete has been picked as The Cat Clinic's model on the booster vaccine reminder cards.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #440 on: 23 October, 2016, 05:52:54 pm »
 :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #441 on: 23 October, 2016, 09:35:49 pm »
Fame at last ... now where is the red carpet?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #442 on: 18 November, 2016, 04:18:35 pm »
Pete seems to have learned some manners! My upstairs neighbours have a gorgeous ginger boy called Momo, and they told me today that the other day, Pete was out in the stair when they got home. When they opened their door, Momo ran out and came face to face with Pete. Fighty Pete who hated all the other cats when he was with Lothian Cat Rescue and tried to fight them through the pen. Fighty Pete who I have seen punch two dogs in the nose. They said that Momo was a bit wary, but Pete was very sweet and polite and just wanted to say hello.

Maybe I can get a kitten!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #443 on: 07 December, 2016, 12:55:35 pm »
The daft boy appeared to be absolutely baffled by his tail last night.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #444 on: 14 December, 2016, 06:14:07 pm »
When Pete stands on me and starts to knead, I get no sense that he's feeling relaxed or calm. It's more like he's trying to compress me into diamonds.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #445 on: 14 December, 2016, 09:00:24 pm »
When Pete stands on me and starts to knead, I get no sense that he's feeling relaxed or calm. It's more like he's trying to compress me into diamonds.

In the world of meat eaters, that is known as 'tenderising'.   :demon:
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #446 on: 24 January, 2017, 08:42:12 pm »
Pete has a playdate on Saturday.  ;D

My upstairs neighbours said that once a week or so he goes out through his catflap and goes upstairs to their front door and sits there meowing until they let him in. He and their cat Momo have a bit of a sniff at each other and then Pete raises a paw to play with Momo, and Momo gets scared and runs away. So I'm going to take him up in his carrier on Saturday and let them get used to each other and then let him out and hope they make friends.

I'm a bit sad about him going upstairs looking for company when I'm not in.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #447 on: 28 January, 2017, 06:10:26 pm »
Pete had his playdate this afternoon, with Momo. I took Pete up in his carrier and we put him in the living room. Pete was quite relaxed in his carrier, just chilled, while Momo sniffed around him. I took a toy and some treats with me too, and once we let Pete out of the carrier, he hopped out, and I distracted Momo with the toy. Pete wasn't interested in Momo at all, he just wanted to explore the flat and eat Momo's food.  ::-) Momo was much more agitated, following Pete around, sniffing at him and then hitting him with his paws, sometimes standing on his hind legs to do it, sometimes scarpering and jumping into Pete's carrier. Pete tried to ignore him but when Momo was too persistent, Pete would swat back and then it turned into handbags. We gave them about 20 minutes together and then decided that was enough. We'll do more another day.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #448 on: 29 January, 2017, 09:17:51 am »
Sounds a bit territorial. Pete would probably behave differently if Momo came down to see him.
It is simpler than it looks.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #449 on: 29 January, 2017, 11:21:18 am »
Yeah. Momo was absolutely aghast as Pete hoovered up all the food Momo had spilt.