Author Topic: [HAMR] Re: Tarzan (Kurt Searvogel)  (Read 2869 times)

[HAMR] Re: Tarzan (Kurt Searvogel)
« on: 29 March, 2015, 06:37:38 pm »
... I'm afraid Steve's pride in spending 6 hours riding 50 miles in a 30mph headwind has come back to haunt him. ...

Feeling smug now?  ::-)

Re: Re: Tarzan (Kurt Searvogel)
« Reply #1 on: 29 March, 2015, 08:05:26 pm »
I have watched this unfold with massive interest and Kurt's efforts have made it even more interesting.   Now Steve is likely to be out of the hunt I will admit to feeling completely disinterested.

... I'm afraid Steve's pride in spending 6 hours riding 50 miles in a 30mph headwind has come back to haunt him. ...

With respect, that was posted yesterday.

It's terrible what has happened to Steve today. I'm sure we all wish him the best.

With respect, no.  LMT posted that today.  I await his humble withdrawal.

LMT

« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2015, 08:16:13 pm »
I have watched this unfold with massive interest and Kurt's efforts have made it even more interesting.   Now Steve is likely to be out of the hunt I will admit to feeling completely disinterested.

With respect, that was posted yesterday.

It's terrible what has happened to Steve today. I'm sure we all wish him the best.

With respect, no.  LMT posted that today.  I await his humble withdrawal.

Well done on cherry picking my original post and there will be no withdrawal.

For the simple fact that I presumed his stoppage was due to sleep dep as a result of Steve wanting to push on into a head wind late last night and not getting to Exeter until the early hours of this morning. Of course I would not have made that comment if I knew he had been in a collision with another road vehicle. So I'm afraid you are barking up the wrong tree.

However, whilst you are on withdrawals do I get one from yourself? Or are you going to expand on your post today at 1516hrs about how I post ''inflammatory and negative stuff?''

« Reply #3 on: 29 March, 2015, 08:21:17 pm »
After you.

« Reply #4 on: 29 March, 2015, 08:29:04 pm »

For the simple fact that I presumed his stoppage was due to sleep dep as a result of Steve wanting to push on into a head wind late last night and not getting to Exeter until the early hours of this morning. Of course I would not have made that comment if I knew he had been in a collision with another road vehicle. So I'm afraid you are barking up the wrong tree.

However, whilst you are on withdrawals do I get one from yourself? Or are you going to expand on your post today at 1516hrs about how I post ''inflammatory and negative stuff?''

Your original post was, in its entirety:

Awesome ride from Kurt, I'm afraid Steve's pride in spending 6 hours riding 50 miles in a 30mph headwind has come back to haunt him. Time for Kurt to put in a another massive day whilst Steve recovers from sleep dep.

GO TARZAN

You made that post when you did not know what the cause of Steve's stoppage was.

You "presumed his stoppage was due to sleep dep" and you were wrong.

Wrapping comments about Steve's "pride" coming "back to haunt him" in extravagant praise for Kurt does look inflammatory, it does look negative, and it does look trollish.

You've already acknowledged that you wouldn't have made your post in those terms if you'd known Steve had been in a collision: now that you do know, it would be graceful if you acknowledged that it had come across as inflammatory and negative rather than trying to defend your tone.

LMT

« Reply #5 on: 29 March, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »

Your original post was, in its entirety:

Awesome ride from Kurt, I'm afraid Steve's pride in spending 6 hours riding 50 miles in a 30mph headwind has come back to haunt him. Time for Kurt to put in a another massive day whilst Steve recovers from sleep dep.

GO TARZAN

You made that post when you did not know what the cause of Steve's stoppage was.

You "presumed his stoppage was due to sleep dep" and you were wrong.

Wrapping comments about Steve's "pride" coming "back to haunt him" in extravagant praise for Kurt does look inflammatory, it does look negative, and it does look trollish.

You've already acknowledged that you wouldn't have made your post in those terms if you'd known Steve had been in a collision: now that you do know, it would be graceful if you acknowledged that it had come across as inflammatory and negative rather than trying to defend your tone.

I stand by my original comment and wish Steve all the best in his recovery.

« Reply #6 on: 29 March, 2015, 09:19:08 pm »
I stand by my original comment

Well in that case you're a knob.

You make a comment out of ignorance, and when it's proved to be wrongly founded, you stand by it?

Knob.

LMT

« Reply #7 on: 29 March, 2015, 09:26:48 pm »

You make a comment out of ignorance, and when it's proved to be wrongly founded, you stand by it?

Knob.

I for one don't wish to resort to personal attacks, I'd appreciate the same.

« Reply #8 on: 29 March, 2015, 09:33:36 pm »

Knob.

You might want to consider what you type then....which is why I've chose to use the 'ignore this user' function, but unfortunately stumbled across one of your posts quoted in one of the other posts.
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

« Reply #9 on: 29 March, 2015, 10:17:56 pm »

Knob.

Terribly sorry and all that, but if you behave like a knob, I'm quite happy to say so.

I addressed what you said and how you said it in several posts up there^^^, as did PB and others. Some of what you said was entirely reasonable: some of it was based on ignorance (subsequently self-acknowledged) and yet you claim to stand by it.

If you choose to behave like a knob and then to try to defend it in this way, then it ceases to be about behaviour and becomes about character: you ARE a knob, not just behaving as one.

I suppose I could call you a donkey-felching baboon if I wanted to simply be abusive, but the baboon probably has more self-awareness.

« Reply #10 on: 29 March, 2015, 10:20:38 pm »
Jeez, can we give the handbags a rest?

Storm in a teacup that doesn't need perpetuating.

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
« Reply #11 on: 29 March, 2015, 10:23:04 pm »
... a donkey-felching baboon...

I may have to borrow that...
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

« Reply #12 on: 30 March, 2015, 05:40:34 pm »
I've been holding my tongue and not replying to the dickless troll but now I feel free to say:

Fuck off LMT.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #13 on: 30 March, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »
LMT ??

Ah, that'll be Lockheed Martin.

Deffo a Kurt fan.

LMT

« Reply #14 on: 30 March, 2015, 06:31:26 pm »
I've been holding my tongue and not replying to the dickless troll but now I feel free to say:

Fuck off LMT.

When's your next audax? You can say to me in person if you like.

« Reply #15 on: 30 March, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »
Come on girls, put your Carradice Barleys away.

LMT

« Reply #16 on: 30 March, 2015, 06:44:29 pm »
Heart of England. I look forward to it.

Bit out of my way Cirencester, and I've pre-booked that day on another ride. Another time for the keyboard warrior perhaps, it will give you time to reflect on acting the idiot and being abusive over the internet.

« Reply #17 on: 30 March, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »
Dickless.

I rest my case.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #18 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:08:56 pm »
Unless you are an 8 foot gorilla, LMT, my money is firmly on Wobbly.   :thumbsup:

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #19 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:14:38 pm »
OK.  My excellence is finally exhausted.

Will you lot JUST FUCKING LEAVE IT.
How old are you?  12?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Chris S

« Reply #20 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »
Guys, please, pretty please - with cherries on top - take it outside, FFS.

Go Kurt!

GWS Steve!

LMT

« Reply #21 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:24:24 pm »
Unless you are an 8 foot gorilla, LMT, my money is firmly on Wobbly.   :thumbsup:

LOL, for what exactly, a fight? OMG, can't people have a civil conversation any more regarding any differences that they may have.

I have far too much to lose with respect to a professional career and membership of AUK to get in a scrap with someone. The mind boggles. :facepalm:

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #22 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:28:50 pm »
This threads going rapidly downhill, shame really because I was enjoying reading it.

Maybe we could put our differences aside and get it back on track, for everyones benefit.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #23 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:31:31 pm »
Any chance the moderator could simply edit out the idiotic "my dad's bigger than your dad" stuff? 

Then I could read all the positive stuff about Kurt.  It spoils an otherwise good read..
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #24 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:33:23 pm »
Any chance the moderator could simply edit out the idiotic "my dad's bigger than your dad" stuff? 

Then I could read all the positive stuff about Kurt.  It spoils an otherwise good read..

+1

Please.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.