Author Topic: A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 508164 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Very similar to spheroidal peaches.
Presumably bred flat to pack better.

Why does Sainsbury's website not list Picotta cherries under 'Berries and Cherries' but in Peaches, Plums and Nectarines?

Ruth

Flat peaches.  Eh?  They look like doughnuts.  What are they like to eat?

They're really good when they're ripe.

And so stackable!

My orange squash and sugar drink I made up last week, Thursday I think, but didn't use until today had fermented/carbonated itself in the bidons.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
My orange squash and sugar drink I made up last week, Thursday I think, but didn't use until today had fermented/carbonated itself in the bidons.

This is why I avoid sugary things in bidons...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Making ginger beer in a bidon on the bike might be fun, in a potentially explosive way.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Making ginger beer in a bidon on the bike might be fun, in a potentially explosive way.
If you position the bidons in the right way, you could have a turbo boost for hills.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thrillist/europeans-taste-test-amer_b_5574634.html?utm_hp_ref=taste&ir=Taste  ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Ruth

I just had garlic mushrooms, spag bol and garlic bread delivered to my house after ordering it on an App.

The human race has reached the limit of its progress. We can all go home now.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
But surely such apps are only at their best for people who are already at home?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Ruth

I mean, back to our original dimension  :P

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
If we all use this app everyday, I'm sure we can get back to our original dimension - a perfect sphere!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Phone sends food to your door, offy within staggering distance of same - sounds ideally located :D
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Ruth

That's all a bit scary when you put it that way said my waistband.

It's OK I can now get into the kitchen so the slow roasted lamb shank creamed potato and three veg inna wine sauce for £8.99 will have to wait for another day.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
$Out of milk error.

Now, black coffee or break open the camping stash of UHT pots? :-\

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Depends how small and fiddly UHT pots are!

Freeze some 1 pint cartons after your next online grocery order to prevent recurrence. I always haz frozen 'emergency milk'...

mcshroom

• Mushroom
I went for black coffee as I couldn't remember where the pots were. Milk now replenished so should be ok :)

Freeze some 1 pint cartons after your next online grocery order to prevent recurrence. I always haz frozen 'emergency milk'...
We do that. Surprising how often the choice is black coffee or wait several hours for the milk to thaw.

(Not helped by the facts that we usually drink coffee, I don't take milk in coffee, and I usually get stuff out of the freezer.)
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Placed a Sainsbury's order today:

Condiments
There are no products on this shelf at the moment. If you're looking for a particular item, you may be able to find it using the search box above

Bin bags
There are no products on this shelf at the moment. If you're looking for a particular item, you may be able to find it using the search box above

Store refurbishment so no frozen food either.

NO ICE CREAM IN THIS WEATHER!!!

I went for black coffee as I couldn't remember where the pots were. Milk now replenished so should be ok :)

Opposite problem here. Loads of milk, but we're out of coffee! :o

It's raining outside but I'm going to have to venture out to the shop at some point...

Ruth

Skimmed UHT milk is surprisingly palatable in coffee.  In an emergency.  I usually have a couple of cartons stashed away for emergencies.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Given my taste for cereals in the morning and distaste for UHT therein, I always haz some frozen semi-skimmed.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
$Out of milk error.

Now, black coffee or break open the camping stash of UHT pots? :-\

Have you no ice cream?
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

mcshroom

• Mushroom
No ice cream. I try not to buy ice cream as I'm rather too efficient at eating the stuff if it's in the house :-\

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Graze have credited my next three boxes as half-priced after I pointed out my last three TNT delivered boxes were late.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
No ice cream. I try not to buy ice cream as I'm rather too efficient at eating the stuff if it's in the house :-\

It is sometimes not possible to avoid buying ice cream.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Sadly I've had to learn not to buy/eat ice cream as it's just too lactosey even with cheatpills. Fake-icecreams are off due to additional soya intolerance and sorbet != ice cream.  I hear lactofree are molishing ice cream but I'm yet to see it inna shop...

I do and don't miss it.  It's annoying when out and about with friends all getting an ice cream cos ice-lollies aren't the same.  Then again, that is when lactose intolerance is the most annoying.  Wish I knew why soyamilky stuff is also a problem cos that makes things harder and my doc never really looked into any of it - just kept telling me it'd get better or I shouldn't be ashamed (the one time my usual great GP completely missed the point)...