Author Topic: Brompton newer brake levers affecting the bar fold  (Read 2820 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Brompton newer brake levers affecting the bar fold
« on: 26 July, 2018, 07:22:32 pm »
Replaced the brake levers on the brompton from the original older ones to the modern brake levers.  Seems that the bike now doesn't fold properly anymore. 

Wonder what I have done wrong.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Brompton newer brake levers affecting the bar fold
« Reply #1 on: 26 July, 2018, 08:36:17 pm »
The most recent levers need to be fitted to the most recent handlebar (unless an S). The U-bend is narrower, giving more room for the bigger Brompton levers.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #2 on: 26 July, 2018, 10:09:37 pm »

Have gone from the top to the bottom I think.

Looking at pictures, I've angled the levers too straight ahead when they should be pointing down.

More like this

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2018, 10:40:13 pm »
On my S-type the limit with the new levers is where the cable exiting the lever just presses up against the fork blade.  The rest of the lever has a bit more breathing room in amongst the spokes of the front wheel.  It's still quite a downward-pointing angle, and IMHO it's one of the major ergonomic compromises of a Brompton, particularly for smaller riders.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2018, 07:25:53 pm »
On my S-type the limit with the new levers is where the cable exiting the lever just presses up against the fork blade.  The rest of the lever has a bit more breathing room in amongst the spokes of the front wheel.  It's still quite a downward-pointing angle, and IMHO it's one of the major ergonomic compromises of a Brompton, particularly for smaller riders.

Oi who are you calling small  :-*

Pointless thread, was my mistake.